What do you think of the Viral Update news?

Guest_Jim_*

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the regular Viral Update news going?

• Yes
    • No

Right... something is old by the time it gets into the AV database and even older by the time OCC regurgitates the info from the AV database. Things like the Steam, Sony, and BoA hacks that are posted early and tell people to keep an eye on their accounts and change passwords, malicious Android apps that may have been downloaded, or the latest virus currently circulating Facebook/Twitter are going to be more beneficial to people. You are telling people what is going on right now that they need to be concerned with rather than telling them in a week how they were screwed. ;)

The viral update posts aren't supposed to take over the news about different hacks and such. They're just to relay some information on the unreported viruses, or the highly reported things we haven't covered yet, such as Duqu. Still, I'm thinking about cutting down the frequency of them because the vast majority of the stuff isn't important. Duqu, Stuxnet, and any other virus or Trojan you can name literally are on in a million, as those other 999,999 pieces of malware aren't really a threat. Still, it's good to have everyone's opinion.

Don't get me wrong... any content on OCC's main page is nice. :thumbsup:

I think that's part of why I'm still a news editor. Does anyone here really care about the fine structure constant? :lol:

Here's the plan for now. General virus, malware, security breach news (like what the Viral Updates have been) will be reported every other week instead of once a week. Of course important news on the topics will be posted as soon as possible. No reason for that to change.