ocz vertex 4

dling

Just look this video,load times of StarCraft 2 and World of Warcraft, between a Vertex 3 and Vertex 4,if i didnt by m4 i will def. by this SSD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YsGx6ttaou4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OkD3yQODMSw

I do not know if you are a Marvel Employee or what, but your online id implies that you should know that these results do not make a huge amount of difference due to the fact that he is using a marvel controller on his mobo.

The pros of the vertex 4 are overshadowed by the con of the write times. The answer to this post is to sell your mobo and CPU on ebay and hope some moron buys it for way more than it is worth and then upgrade to IB to take full advantage of the true sata III ports.

The other two options are, go with a PCI based SSD, OR to try and find some sort of PCI to sata III converter. I have been trying to find PCI sata III raid card for my PC, and I have had some luck. I just haven't found anything I can comfortably recommend. :dunno:

WOW that was impressive. Seems we are always chasing our tails. Trying to have the fastest everything.

Do the last second or two of loading really make people want to upgrade from a very fast SSD to a slightly faster SSD?

I moved from a pair of Vertex 3 120 GB drives in RAID 0 (which could do 1 GB/s reading and writing) to a single 750 GB HDD using Intel SRT with a 128 GB first generation Vertex and after a few boots there is literally zero difference between the two setups in real use. Load times for games are just as good, boot times are nearly identical, and I have WAY more space available.

Someone needs to buy my Vertex 3s. :teehee:

I do not know if you are a Marvel Employee or what, but your online id implies that you should know that these results do not make a huge amount of difference due to the fact that he is using a marvel controller on his mobo.

The pros of the vertex 4 are overshadowed by the con of the write times. The answer to this post is to sell your mobo and CPU on ebay and hope some moron buys it for way more than it is worth and then upgrade to IB to take full advantage of the true sata III ports.

The other two options are, go with a PCI based SSD, OR to try and find some sort of PCI to sata III converter. I have been trying to find PCI sata III raid card for my PC, and I have had some luck. I just haven't found anything I can comfortably recommend. :dunno:

No,no,no i just try to point that Vertex 4 is faster then Vertex 3,but i too suggested him to go with OCZ Revodrive 3 if they didnt have so much failures, (look Newegg consumers reviews)or if he have money for new board and Cpu.And about my name,this situation with Marvell controller,(read about every article on web about it) his position on board,his position of underdog comparing to Intel,give me so much frustration(buying Sata 3 receiving Sata 2.5)that i start to like it and support it.

I would love to see any Intel sata 6gb/s controller get this score,what i squeezed from Marvells position on the motherboard.

And whay Intel does not put his sata chip behind PCI-E line,no he have Marvell to be black sheep.

post-85389-0-12753300-1333966135_thumb.png

Edited by Marvell Chip

Do you even understood, what I'm talking about or shod i draw you.

I understand you think the Marvell controller is hampered by PCIe. I don't think you'd see much difference even if it was connected via the same links as the Intel controller.

I understand you think the Marvell controller is hampered by PCIe. I don't think you'd see much difference even if it was connected via the same links as the Intel controller.

If they know how to do SSD controller,I dont know why would they not know how to do Sata controller.

They got first 120-128gb device.

And you know what is interestingly,i dont see Intel in first eleven.

post-85389-0-32350300-1333975985_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marvell Chip

If they know how to do SSD controller,I dont know why would they not know how to do Sata controller.

Most motherboards using the Marvell SATA 6Gb/s controllers do so from the 912x family chipset. The 912x series uses a single PCIe 2.0 lane to interface with the motherboard. A single PCIe 2.0 lane cannot physically provide the necessary bandwidth required to max out the SATA 6Gb/s interface. The Marvell 9182 chipset used on some high end motherboards uses two PCIe 2.0 lanes and can come close to the performance achievable with the Intel native 6Gb/s posts.

As far as the game load YouTube videos I'm pretty sure those were done using an ASRock x79 board and the native Intel SATA 6Gb/s ports. I can get the system configuration form the person that made the videos if this information is wanted.

I look like Marvell lawyer :rtfm: .But i dont like from people,fault of Gigabyte,Asus and other,trow on Marvell.They said that if we buy X58,that we will have sata 6gb/s.What,now they saying they didnt know what they putting on there motherboard.Ye,right.It is for lawsuit.And Marvell dont want to say anything because they scared for they lousy place on the board.

I say it once i say it again .Marvell start to produce Boards i will be first in line

Edited by Marvell Chip

Here you can see how Gigabyte screwing they consumers.They even put USB 3 on same PCI-E line where they put Marvell chip.So you got to choose,do you want fu.ked up sata 3 or fu.ked up usb 3.Dont even think to use it together. :sick:

post-85389-0-64545500-1333978486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marvell Chip

Your logic makes little sense.