FAH Affinity Setter

ARandomOWL

MAJOR UPDATE Includes:

Changed name to F@H Manager

Ability to set priority

Second GPU capability

Added tab to run & kill clients, etc. (not yet functional, hope to get it working soon)

For more infos see change log.txt in the download.

Note: This release has not yet been fully tested, please ensure priorities are being set right using task manager. If they are right the first few times it is safe to stop chacking.

Note 2: Kingdingaling has noticed that this program must be started first before any F@H clients. This may not be the case for all machines.

F@H Manager 1.12 (.zip, 29.7KB)

ok this is silly...

when i tried the link i got somebodies website frontpage....??

did something change or am i bobo'n the download.....?

help please... B:)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick of setting affinity for my 3 FAH clients so I made a small program that sits in the system tray & periodically checks affinty for FAH clients. If the affinity has changed (ie. New WU) then it sets it back to the users prefered setting. At the moment it only supports the GPU2 client, the single client cores 81/82 & a VMware virtual machine which u may be running FAH on. It doesn't matter what client is running on a VMware it will Still work. It has currently been tested only on the rig in my sig. Running vista 32 with .Net 3.0. It should also work with XP, .Net 2.0 & Dual core CPUs but these have not yet been tested.

I would be greatful if u guys would try it on ur machines. I would definetly not put a virus in it but to be sure, scan it with ur Antivirus first if u wish. The interface is self explanatory. If u find any bugs, problems or suggestions please tell me so i can correct them.

Update (09 Dec 08, see change log for info): New version released (1.15)

FAH Manager 1.15 (30.7KB, .ZIP)

ok thanx...is there still no 64bit vista compatability without changing the .net framework. B:) ...??....i really didn't wanna do all that...

@Smith: Are u using the latest version? Is it all the settings that are lost or just some?

I downloaded it yesterday from here. I didn't try all settings, as I just need it for my GPU2 client. So the checkboxes for "GPU2" and "Core 0" are reset.

This is with ver. 1.15???? Only other thing I can suggest is update ur .net framework to 3.5 SP1. That's what I run on XP Pro & Vista HP, both x86. No problems.

Sorry guys, these are the only things I can think of. As I have said before, I have only tested it personally with the OS's that I listed above & I am soon to test it on Win7 x64.

I'll check over my code tonight to make sure I didn't make any silly mistakes.

Thanks for testing :)

• 2 months later...

Hey AJW, could you add support for the new cores? I've got a fahcore_7c.exe and a fahcore_14.exe running atm and the affinity setter isn't working with those.

Cheers mate :)

[Edit] The 7c is from the regular folding CPU client, the 14 is a GPU WU I think :)

Edited by kingdingeling