Why I will never buy another ULTRA psu again

Everything is up to date on my computer. From bios, windows updates, and drivers. I run a thermal reader and nothing hits over 34 Celsius. I have defragmented  and cleaned out my system registry. I have also rechecked pins and cables, also I replaced them just to be on the safe side. Tried different VGA slots and graphics cards on my board. The only thing it can be is the PSU and they refuse to do a RMA.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just threaten them with a lawsuit and they'll crack sooner than you think.

you have every right to rma the thing and get your money back because it is the psu's fault, not your graphics card.

if they cannot have a decent knowledge of computers then they shouldn't make psu's at all imo.

I agree.

If the PSU fits the requirements of the video card there is no issue. Can you check with a consumer agency or anything if they don't budge? You can also spam their Facebook/Twitter :D

Edited by DanTheGamer11

That is the thing I told them I have tested it with 3 different cards. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6750 for test builds. I had an MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtream Edidtion and I just upgraded to my new card and all 3 cards have given me this issue. I even let them know that and they are telling me its a compatibility issue.

So basically never deal with TigerDirect...

Whut?
I thought Ultra was the in-house brand of Tiger Direct, just like Rosewill is to Newegg?

Oh, I see what you mean (and it seems like you're right) I never knew/realized that. Not that I'd own either in-house case of sub-par power components again lol

I was younger when I had the Ultra and literally bought it because the name...I'm not even lying. :lol: I may have actually had problems with it and that's why I moved to my current lovely Silencer, I forget.

That is the thing I told them I have tested it with 3 different cards. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6750 for test builds. I had an MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtream Edidtion and I just upgraded to my new card and all 3 cards have given me this issue. I even let them know that and they are telling me its a compatibility issue.

And there's no way to run off integrated or BETTER YET, a friend's power supply?

So basically never deal with TigerDirect...

Whut?
I thought Ultra was the in-house brand of Tiger Direct, just like Rosewill is to Newegg?

I was younger when I had the Ultra and literally bought it because the name...I'm not even lying. :lol: I may have actually had problems with it and that's why I moved to my current lovely Silencer, I forget.

Well that explains some things with you, what a noob :haha:

IVIYTH0S, I am going to have to call a buddy from work to bring his rig over and test it out.

That'll be the best test (even more so if you include in your dispute, that another company's lower rated unit will run the system fine)

+_85fabefdbd4e4d3915a16840d7b31c8c.jpg

Lol, you guys are awesome. I am glad I joined this site.

You'll never escape now, you paid your fee (getting screwed over with an Ultra PSU) now you're family. :teehee:

IVIYTH0S, I am going to have to call a buddy from work to bring his rig over and test it out.

That'll be the best test (even more so if you include in your dispute, that another company's lower rated unit will run the system fine)

+_85fabefdbd4e4d3915a16840d7b31c8c.jpg

:haha: