Do you need to resize the text on webpages?

neddamttocs

30 members have voted

1. 1. Resize text on webpages?

• Yes, All the time
    • Only Sometimes
    • Never need too

This week on OCC Poll we would like to know if you change the text size on webpages?

I know sometimes when a webpage uses a smaller text then usual I sometime do increase the size for easier reading, how about you?

Let us know on OCC Poll!

I find on my 1440 display that many sites make the text to small. I find it more comfortable to read if I bump the browser magnification a notch or two. However another solution I found was to use 1080 resolution for my desktop. Everything is easy to read and then I can enjoy 1440 goodness for my gaming.

yeppers I do the Ctrl+scroll all the time.... I set it where I want and thank god it remembers....

pff ctrl + and ctrl - for life :3

@topic, no i dont need to, i am sitting in front of a 39'' tv with barely a meter distance so im good most of the time xD

I have a 27" 1080 monitor. I try to lean back in my chair to approximately 30-40" away when reading. Limited by my desk, I have to sit about 2' when typing.

Being under the age of 50, I have the ability to view things with my eyes clearly.* 

* At short distances. But nobody cares about long distances eh? And I caught you Ctrl + Scrollers there.

I voted 'On'y Sometimes' as I don't really do it that often and then when I do I use a bookmarklet called 'READABILITY'

On any webpage you can click this link and it will strip out all the unnecessary ads and text, leaving you with a nicely formated enlarged blurb:

(Create a new bookmark on your bookmarks bar and copy this into the URL box)

javascript:(function(){x=document.createElement('SCRIPT');x.type='text/javascript';x.src='http://brettterpstra.com/share/readability.js?x='+(Math.random());document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(x);y=document.createElement('LINK');y.rel='stylesheet';y.href='http://brettterpstra.com/share/readability.css?x='+(Math.random());y.type='text/css';y.media='screen';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(y);})();

@ 2560x1440 I have to sometimes enlarge websites that wont auto scale, or else I'm left with a tiny little page in the middle of my monitor with huge empty spots on both sides.