Ripjaws X Dual-Channel on Rampage IV i73930k VENDOR

Hi,

my vendor changed my buying list configuration from 4x8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866 Cl9 Quad Channel to 4x8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X Dual-Channel for an Asus Rampage IV with i73930k processor.

He told me, this configuration would be more stable for overclocking.

I need this computer for professional work. I need every Gb of Ram. And the faster, the better.

(True, I'd like to go for overclocking up to 4,5Ghz)

I wondered, if this isn't a big mistake not going on Quad-Channel for my purposes.

Thanks for your replies.

F.

Edited by finn

All the sets mean by quad channel or duo channel is the number of sticks of ram in the set. 2x duo channel sets is the same as a quad channel set..  Pretty much all he's saying is for your build he believes that the Ripjaws will be easier to oc with then the Vengeance on that system (or he gets a better deal on them and can make more money that way).

To run quad channel on that board you need 4 sticks of the same capacity ram (placed in the right configuration on the board of course) Duo-channel only requires 2...

not a mistake. I'm using 32gb right now on a rampage IV with a. 3930k . usually I have 64gb in a different board but I only took half the kit with me for the summer since he rampage only has 4 slots .

I love Gskills and it works fine .

edit : just like any ram ( doesn't matter brand) you run the risk of it not working if you are buying small kits like 2x8 and sticking them with another kit. this is because they are not tested passed 2 sticks. though I never had a problem using multiple kits to make a big one and save money . when i got the 64gb since it was 8dimms I spent a little more to get the full 64gb instead of a few smaller ones .

edit: is this the kit your talking about http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231569 ?