Apple to give away $15 for reception issue!

DanTheGamer11

How the hell is this such a good company? :pfp:

It wasn't that long ago when I went to go see lewis black (stand up comedian) at the warner theater. He has 2 phones. And he explained to us why.

In one pocket he had a droid. This was for making calls..........but the computer on it sucks. As he put it, he was afraid of throwing it out because it was doing some really weird S*** and he though that it had gained self consciousness. Since he is not married, he thought that he could adopt the phone and carry it as his son.

The other was an iPhone. As he put it, it is a great computer..........but SUCKS as a phone. He said "I went to the apple store to complain about the phone". "They asked me what was wrong with the phone?". "I said there should be an app that says PHONE YOU LITTLE .***ER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am starting to see where he is coming from :lol:

...and the court case cost how much? :lol:

For that matter, how many people truly even own an iPhone anyways?

I mean I still would have sued simply because I hate Steve jobs and my only regret in life is that I did not lead an army of PC fanatics to holy war against him :lol: ......but was it really worth it for everyone else?

Not to mention that I think a much fairer ruling would have been for apple to get the S*** out of their heads and start pricing their products better.

However, I do feel as though this should serve as a lesson to people who still buy apple to stop buying over priced crap. Seriously, I have a 30 dollar flip phone running the worst verizon plan available, and I still get reception about any where I go. My friend has an iPhone 4 and can't even get reception in his own house :mfp: . Not only did do I have a 30 dollar flip phone, I have a net book that I got for 150 :woot: . So for 180 I have a computer that works, and a phone that works. The iphone which doesn't work that great to begin with starts at 200. :wallbash:

I say any iphone is a bad purchase. You can't make a call either because the antenna is hidden away, or because you are stuck with at&t. It is your own fault for not having good reception and the only thing apple should be blamed for is the arrogance it has of its own cheap products.

you complain about iphone prices in america, to get a new iphone here it starts at 800 without a plan

How much is it on contract? They're about $700 here off contract and $200 on. Or do Aussie carriers not subsidize phones.

How much is it on contract? They're about $700 here off contract and $200 on. Or do Aussie carriers not subsidize phones.

ah, well depending on contract. to get the phone without paying extra its a 60-70 dollar a month contract with the best carrier, or you can get it for 50-60 on a less reliable one

For that matter, how many people truly even own an iPhone anyways?

I mean I still would have sued simply because I hate Steve jobs and my only regret in life is that I did not lead an army of PC fanatics to holy war against him :lol: ......but was it really worth it for everyone else?

Not to mention that I think a much fairer ruling would have been for apple to get the S*** out of their heads and start pricing their products better.

However, I do feel as though this should serve as a lesson to people who still buy apple to stop buying over priced crap. Seriously, I have a 30 dollar flip phone running the worst verizon plan available, and I still get reception about any where I go. My friend has an iPhone 4 and can't even get reception in his own house :mfp: . Not only did do I have a 30 dollar flip phone, I have a net book that I got for 150 :woot: . So for 180 I have a computer that works, and a phone that works. The iphone which doesn't work that great to begin with starts at 200. :wallbash:

I say any iphone is a bad purchase. You can't make a call either because the antenna is hidden away, or because you are stuck with at&t. It is your own fault for not having good reception and the only thing apple should be blamed for is the arrogance it has of its own cheap products.

Me and my dad have an iphone and I get better signal then any of my friends here with their nokias...I don't know what it's like with US networks...but I have a few friends that have an iphone 4 and they say it never gives them any problems... :thumbsup: