Problems Overclocking i7 2600k @4.5 on ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Mr_Weck

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you do all of your stress testing at the BIOS Optimized Default settings or did you run the tests at your previously "stable" overclock settings?

I used the Default Settings, right after clearing CMOS (which is the only way to get out of the boot screen freeze thing) 

Sorry for dropping out on you Weck.  Have you started "re-overclocking" yet?

nah man, I'm kind of giving up right now, I'm gonna stay at 4.3GHz, which is the highest stable overclock... kind of disappointed tough, I thought it was a driver thing, but there is no way to know that... so yeah.. Big thanks to all of you. I guess this topic can be closed, if no one else has a hint of what to do.

Sorry for dropping out on you Weck.  Have you started "re-overclocking" yet?

nah man, I'm kind of giving up right now, I'm gonna stay at 4.3GHz, which is the highest stable overclock... kind of disappointed tough, I thought it was a driver thing, but there is no way to know that... so yeah.. Big thanks to all of you. I guess this topic can be closed, if no one else has a hint of what to do.

Sorry for not able to help u man

wish I could help u out more lol

I heard not-so-good things about the ASRock Z77 Extreme4, but maybe it's your settings.

Here, see what you can do using similar settings (except for DRAM voltage) as my overclock on an ASRock board. If you aren't stable via Prime95, increase by .010V's for CPU Fixed Voltage. If you're stable, decrease by .010V's and test again until you get the overclock at the lowest Voltage you can.

dsc0393ky.jpg

dsc0394ds.jpg

dsc0395zp.jpg

dsc0396uf.jpg

I heard not-so-good things about the ASRock Z77 Extreme4, but maybe it's your settings.

Here, see what you can do using similar settings (except for DRAM voltage) as my overclock on an ASRock board. If you aren't stable via Prime95, increase by .010V's for CPU Fixed Voltage. If you're stable, decrease by .010V's and test again until you get the overclock at the lowest Voltage you can.

dsc0393ky.jpg

dsc0394ds.jpg

dsc0395zp.jpg

dsc0396uf.jpg

nothing, still freezes, I guess it's bad luck, after all...