USB 3.0 Ports Not Working

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, on the same driver download page you will find the Intel USB 3.0 driver, the Intel USB 3.0 controller driver and the ASmedia USB 3.0 driver. You'll need to download and install all three of those driver packages. Make sure and choose the ones that go with your version of Windows.

Under the weather yesterday, so didn

Edited by wingspar

Disconnect those two USB devices temporarily. Download and install latest Intel .inf for your motherboard. Reboot and check device manager again.  You can download the chipset (.inf) driver from the Asus support website. or if you want to grab the latest one you can find it here;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775

Note - on the same Intel driver download site they have an automated utility that can check to make sure you are running the latest / correct chipset driver.  Read the whole page if you're interested in going the "easy" route.

At this point I have no other choice than to assume that the USB 3.0 controller is dead.  We have tried everything that I know of to make it work.  Hopefully the board is still under warranty and you can RMA it (I'm assuming you want or need the USB 3.0 capability - or at least the ports to use should you need them).

Sorry that I couldn't help you straighten it out.

I doubt they'd send you a new board before receiving yours but you could ask them, maybe they'll hold your CC info hostage until they receive your board or something.

Does sound like something's really wrong...

I did ask Newegg and got the answer.  They need my board before sending a new one, but maybe they will send me a new board and charge it to my card till they get the old board back.  Worth asking.  I sure don

I did ask Newegg and got the answer.  They need my board before sending a new one, but maybe they will send me a new board and charge it to my card till they get the old board back.  Worth asking.  I sure don

Nothing tying you to the Asus board, unless it was an exchange only item when you purchased it or it is past the retailer return allowance period.  

Even if you have to RMA through Asus you could buy another board and then sell the Asus RMA return once they send you the replacement.

I've been running the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H and it has been an outstanding board.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.  And if you need

a less expensive alternative you could look at the Z77X-UD3H.  Another great board if you don't need all the features of the UD5H.