33 members have voted

1. 1. No more yearly threads?

• Yay
    • Nay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the forums will implode if a thread goes past 99 pages!

YOU DUNNO!

The "I just bought" thread has almost 500 pages. :P

Maybe it is 999!

YOU DUNNO!

On a Jeep forum I go to there is a thread with almost 5000 pages lol

But different forums!   Maybe the Mods/Admin of OCC know what happens if THESE forums go past 999 (or 9999) pages which is why they curtail all long threads!   Whip out the tinfoil hats if you vote Yes to this poll!

The forums on Amazon go to 9999 and no more.  In fact the people on there purposely make stupid topics just to see if they can get 9999 pages.  :rolleyes:

PS:  I'm just inacting some Friday boredom.   I actually agree with Onion. 

They should combine all threads in every section into one uber thread instead :D

Or just make an official thread for everything y'all can come up with.

If we did that, about half the threads in the Member Lounge would be one. Good day, bad day, what I did today. All that would be one massive thread instead of a bunch of small little things that just take up space.

They should combine all threads in every section into one uber thread instead :D

If we did that, about half the threads in the Member Lounge would be one. Good day, bad day, what I did today. All that would be one massive thread instead of a bunch of small little things that just take up space.

Actually i am wondering what happened there haha

Actually i am wondering what happened there haha

Onion got bored.

^ Someone else made the bad day thread, so I made a matching good day thread. Basically the two halves of what consists of the what I did today thread.

I don't understand your reasoning here, Onion. You say having yearly threads makes it difficult to find old stuff. How does that work when you can see, roughly, when each thread is from i.e. the 2011 thread is older than the 2012 thread is older than the 2013 thread. If you are seeking chronological information, removing the information of year seems to be counterproductive.

Okay, so new threads are not started at midnight each New Year's Eve, but these are community started threads, so if you really have an issue with this, why not be the one to start the new threads each time the year changes? Nothing is preventing you from doing so.

Personally, I do not support your suggestion for a couple reasons. One is I see no way for this reform of yours to be implemented. The other is I do not like the idea of this kind of rule for the forum. The forums are a reflection of the community with moderators only acting to defend the community from trolling, spamming, and illegal activity, with the occasional thread move as needed. If the community wants yearly threads, they make yearly threads. If it wants one thread to rule them all, it can make that too. If it wants semiweekly threads on their favorite cheese it can happen.

I don't understand your reasoning here, Onion. You say having yearly threads makes it difficult to find old stuff. How does that work when you can see, roughly, when each thread is from i.e. the 2011 thread is older than the 2012 thread is older than the 2013 thread. If you are seeking chronological information, removing the information of year seems to be counterproductive.

Okay, so new threads are not started at midnight each New Year's Eve, but these are community started threads, so if you really have an issue with this, why not be the one to start the new threads each time the year changes? Nothing is preventing you from doing so.

Personally, I do not support your suggestion for a couple reasons. One is I see no way for this reform of yours to be implemented. The other is I do not like the idea of this kind of rule for the forum. The forums are a reflection of the community with moderators only acting to defend the community from trolling, spamming, and illegal activity, with the occasional thread move as needed. If the community wants yearly threads, they make yearly threads. If it wants one thread to rule them all, it can make that too. If it wants semiweekly threads on their favorite cheese it can happen.

I find it difficult because the yearly threads never start at the right time. Say I were to look for some early 2013 information. I'd have to go to the end of the 2012 thread, rather than the beginning of the 2013 thread. I don't mind the yearly threads that much, but it'd be nice for them to actually start at the right time rather than halfway down the year. The reason I don't make new yearly threads is because I like the whole "one big thread" concept a lot more.