New here, need help

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andres here's the thing with video cards; they can have more than one manufacturer. For example an MSI Twin Frozr II 560 Ti will be more expensive than an Inno3D card even though they are the same exact card but with different cooling fans on them and some minor other modifications. The reason why I asked you to link the store from which you are buying is so that we can get you the best possible deal. I agree that you should get the 560 Ti card ... that has amazing performance but now we need to figure out what manufacturer you should pick.

You said your parents are traveling? does that mean that they are going to the US and are going to buy you the card or ... I didn't quite get that part. If they are indeed going to USA then you should be able to get a great card for 200 bucks.

Andres here's the thing with video cards; they can have more than one manufacturer. For example an MSI Twin Frozr II 560 Ti will be more expensive than an Inno3D card even though they are the same exact card but with different cooling fans on them and some minor other modifications. The reason why I asked you to link the store from which you are buying is so that we can get you the best possible deal. I agree that you should get the 560 Ti card ... that has amazing performance but now we need to figure out what manufacturer you should pick.

You said your parents are traveling? does that mean that they are going to the US and are going to buy you the card or ... I didn't quite get that part. If they are indeed going to USA then you should be able to get a great card for 200 bucks.

this monday they are going to Atlanta, i think they are only going to Lenox and atlantic or atlantis im not sure, dad told me to look a store there -.-, and ya i got 200$

they only have 5 hrs in atlanta :/

Lets hope they can find one of those card there

Edited by AndresP

Tell your dad to go to a computer store and get the cheapest 560 Ti but specifically tell your father : 560 TI - you don't want him to get you a simple 560 and tell you he found a bargain :lol:

Tell your dad to go to a computer store and get the cheapest 560 Ti but specifically tell your father : 560 TI - you don't want him to get you a simple 560 and tell you he found a bargain :lol:

i hope he dont come back with the crap of " this one is cheaper " :vmad:

for example wich manufacturer is better http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?N=4294966937+4294946165+4294924665+4294924663

Between XFX, HIS and Gigabyte, in my experience, XFX is great. They have lifetime warranty and customer service is great. Gigabyte is also trustworthy. Barely any difference between those manufacturers.

But Gigabyte cards are usually a lottery.. At least in my country..

Really?? my friend's gigabyte 460 (with a VERY similar cooler) has cooled better than any 460 I've personally used so far.

Really?? my friend's gigabyte 460 (with a VERY similar cooler) has cooled better than any 460 I've personally used so far.

I'm not particularly talking about the cooler, but the card as a whole since I've seen lots of DOA (again, at least in my country)

I'd choose HIS IceQ; here's a review of that card:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/his-radeon-6850-iceq-x-turbo-review/14

If you want the 560 Ti then the cheapest one i saw was 220 dollars.

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?N=4294966937+40+4294927851&Ns=P_RetailPrice&Nso=Ascending

The price difference is large between the 6850 and the 560 Ti so I suggest you go with the 6850 even if it is a slightly slower card.