OCZ RevoDrive X2 100GB PCI Express Hard Drive Review

bp9801

SATA3 speeds cap lower than speeds revo drives can easily achieve

if you are going to argue this point then I will say SATA2 is fine for the average user

I'm not sure what you mean alot cheaper, the intel SATA3 drive sells for 600$ and is slower

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167042

That's not $600.

Neither are these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008120+600038519+600038478&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=636&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Not to mention the new Sandforce drives that are just about to hit the market.

SATA3 speeds cap lower than speeds revo drives can easily achieve

if you are going to argue this point then I will say SATA2 is fine for the average user

I'm not sure what you mean alot cheaper, the intel SATA3 drive sells for 600$ and is slower

Interface speed means nothing, unless you're capping it, I know. Cap for sata3 is 600mb/s PER CHANNEL (raid x4 anyone? lol)

SATA2 is more than enough for the average user, yes.

Intel sata3 drive is not $600.

The new, even faster drives are about to hit the market. Research vertex3 or the photofast sata3, there are already reviews.

After some time using a revo or revo2 drive with no trim support, the speeds are going to severly drop.

A revo2 is 4 drives raided together, no doubt it will be fast. Wait a couple weeks and get 2 or more sata3 drives for the same price and raid them, and it will smoke it.

Revo drives aren't bad. They are pretty good. Just hard to compare the price/performance ratio, along with no trim support, with the vertex3 for example.

Vertex3 is $250.00 usd for 120gb and reads/writes at 550/525 (amoung other things)

here, a direct comparison http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1552/1/

While the revo x2 drive does beat this drive in most of the tests, the vertex3 wins some (see gaming). Overall though, they are about tied. Except the vertex3 is over $100 cheaper, and has trim support. If you're going to buy a revo drive, you should either just wait and get a single vertex3, or spend another $125 and get 2 vertex3 drives and blow everything else away (1gb/sec, gg)

Edited by Fight Game

good job! let's link the cheapest creme of the crap

why don't you at least find something that breaks 500mb/s like this intel 510 for 600$

we are talking about speed here, if you want to argue storage size, buy a seagate

cost aside, GB per GB nothing tops a revodrive

Not to mention the new Sandforce drives that are just about to hit the market.

are you sure you want to mention this? because you are just going to make intel look bad

@FG I totally recommend you buy a vertex3, I am getting one myself. I am sure the revodrive prices will drop though when that happens. But as of right now, the king is still the king. I forgot what we were arguing about.

Edited by potatochobit

yes, that is a BAD thing

it means the drive is slow to begin with since all SSDs gain speed as GB size increases

just because it has SATA3 doesnt mean it maximizes it's usage, like all those corsairs and other things in the other link

you can buy a WD mechanical drive with SATA3 ports, it means nothing

This revo drive has been out for a little while, and I've done the research. It's not the king, and this is my opinion. As I already said, it has no trim, and this is huge, or it will be after some time. Many people have had issues trying to install an OS on them, since you need the drivers installed before an OS install can recognize the drive, although I don't know if that's still a problem. You would also need an available pci slot, which many people don't plan for, since if they get a board with 2 slots, they usually plan on sli or xfire. As far as speed, this is a x4 raid-0, how can that even be compared to a single drive....oh ya, it can't. Atleast if you buy a couple fast drives and raid them yourself, you can run trim in between os installs.

yes, that is a BAD thing

it means the drive is slow to begin with since all SSDs gain speed as GB size increases

just because it has SATA3 doesnt mean it maximizes it's usage, like all those corsairs and other things in the other link

you can buy a WD mechanical drive with SATA3 ports, it means nothing

agreed. I'm mainly refering to the sandforce sata3 drives that are on the horizon, although to say that the intel 510 is slow is quite funny. It's the fastest SINGLE drive on the market right now.