Car Issues

Dariuas

Hey you wide range of people with a wide range of expertise!

I wanted to know if anyone has run in to, knows a way of, or has a fix for a leaking Eclipse.

Every so often after it rains I am assuming (Some times its happened with out rain to my knowledge, but I am a recluse)

I will get in my car and my drivers-side floor board is soaked, not my seat, not the area around my seat, nor my dash

Someone said that its probably a leaking seal around my windshield and that's an easy fix, but I am looking for more input!

Thanks!

I'd lean more towards the leak coming from door. Is it easy to pull the carpet up and try and see if you can tell where the water starts from?

I suppose I can try; I already have a hole in the carpet there any ways, but its a flat floor board, how would I determine where the water came from?

If it is coming from one area you can usually tell. Where there water leaks will sometimes be visable when it washes away some of the dirt/dust thats been collecting.

Is the entire floor board soaked or just part of it?

And how does one determine that?

You will have to get under the dash and visually check with a light to see if you can find the source.

Some cars have it on the drivers side, some on the passenger, so that may narrow it down for you.

Not sure if this is your same car, but a quick google search found this on an Eclipse forum:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/95892-c-leaking-water-my-floor-board.html

**edit** Unfortunately it looks like the AC lines are on the passenger side, not drivers, so your issue may be with the heatercore instead of the AC.

Edited by Puck

A quick google search gave many different sites with troubleshooting and how-tos' regarding the a/c evap drain. It probably happens more when it rains because the humidity is much higher. You can usually tell if that is the problem by feeling the water. If it is condensate, and fresh, it is usually very cold, having just ran off. Hope that helps.