How to set up an online web server

Endevor

Alright, here's my situation:

I have my desktop set up to pretty much run everything from games to music to movies to programs to word processing, etc. A lot pretty much, a lot like a lot of your machines.

What I want to do is be able to access it with my laptop, not necessarily work on it, but add/access files. So far I've been using sites such as Logmein and dropbox which is fine for things like text files, but I've recently run into the issue that I want to watch a movie or a show that's been recorded on my PC on my laptop or on another computer. Is there a way I can in a sense create a website that only I can access and stream movies or shows over? I mean, I know there's ways to do stuff like that, but does anyone know where I can find out how or if I need to go through some company. I'd prefer to do this for free, maintain everything on my own and what not, but if I have to pay a domain or something, I will. What I want to avoid is some sort of monthly payment for someone else to host all my crap. Anyone know how to do this or lead me to some online tutorial?

I've read around these forums and some online, from what I understand I need to set up some sort of WAMP since I'm on a Windows 7 64b system, but I don't really know how to set that up yet.

Thanks!

Thanks! That actually does exactly what I wanted. I do though eventually like to make my own software, but that's probably a ways down the road in my programming career. It doesn't stream in HD, at least not over a wireless connection, but I'm still impressed with the lack of lag in the streaming.

Thanks! That actually does exactly what I wanted. I do though eventually like to make my own software, but that's probably a ways down the road in my programming career. It doesn't stream in HD, at least not over a wireless connection, but I'm still impressed with the lack of lag in the streaming.

glad I could help...works perfect for streaming music to my phone...keeps me from having to have it all stored on a card

I was going to download it then saw the phones it worked with and mine wasnt there, also got an error message that my O/S was not supported to check back later... W7 64 bit...

2012-03-09_192912.jpg

Edited by road-runner