Have you had an OCZ SSD fail or have to be RMA'd?

potatochobit

50 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have to RMA an OCZ Vertex2 or Agility2?

• Yes, a 60GB OCZ
    • Yes, a 120GB OCZ
    • Yes, 160GB OCZ or Higher
    • Yes, a Different brand, up to 128GB
    • Yes, a Different brand over 128GB
    • No, all my SSD drives work great! (anybrand)
    • I did not get my rebate from buying an SSD! (anybrand)

We have had 6 OCZ Agility II SSDs fail on us out of 25 that we had purchased. After a short amount of use they corrupted the boot sector and could not be seen through even the BIOS. The ones that work are sexy though!

We have had 6 OCZ Agility II SSDs fail on us out of 25 that we had purchased. After a short amount of use they corrupted the boot sector and could not be seen through even the BIOS. The ones that work are sexy though!

Do you have the newest firmware? I remember that there were some versions that had problems.

My current 60GB Vertex 2 resets its smart values every reboot, so i cant confirm it is broken (no refund) and also 2 of my agility 2 40GB where DoA (Smart values totally out of bounds)

My current 60GB Vertex 2 resets its smart values every reboot, so i cant confirm it is broken (no refund) and also 2 of my agility 2 40GB where DoA (Smart values totally out of bounds)

As I wrote at the OCZ forum there is nothing wrong with your Vertex2 nor was there anything wrong with the previous Agility2 drives.

As I wrote at the OCZ forum there is nothing wrong with your Vertex2 nor was there anything wrong with the previous Agility2 drives.

Let me guess - he was using a tool that didn't read the values correctly? :P

My Corsair F120GB SSD decided to die a couple weeks ago, not recognized by the BIOS or anything. I RMA'd it and it came back last Thursday. Very happy with their support, but not with the reliability with the product. I have never had a HDD die on me, but i have had an SSD... Isn't the whole point of an SSD is to be more reliable? Disappointing...

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind that the OCZ forums and Newegg are going to have a lot of people complaining, and asking about product problems.

I wont jump on the manufacturers forum unless there is a problem, and I'm not going to take time away from my day to praise their products. So ofcoarse your going to be reading about the more negative side.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have the newest firmware? I remember that there were some versions that had problems.

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah the drives that failed had a mix of different firmware versions. A couple we upgraded the firmware on before deploying and they still failed. I think we just got part of a bad batch more than anything else. Only thing that makes sense for the random failures. I have been using one of the first ones we got since maybe December and it has been phenomenal for what it's worth.