Wasteland 2

bp9801

Already at $1.3M, I hope they make good use of all those extra moneis :evilgrin:

Once they reach 1.5 mil, there will be a PC, Mac, and Linux version to go with more content. The world will already be expanded upon since they went past 1.25 mil, plus there will be more music, stories, and maps in it.

As of now, the game is scheduled to launch in October 2013. Wasteland 2 will even be localized into French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and Russian.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once they reach 1.5 mil, there will be a PC, Mac, and Linux version to go with more content. The world will already be expanded upon since they went past 1.25 mil, plus there will be more music, stories, and maps in it.

As of now, the game is scheduled to launch in October 2013. Wasteland 2 will even be localized into French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and Russian.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see them breaking $2M, this game should be pretty awesome with all that extra funding :D

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see them breaking $2M, this game should be pretty awesome with all that extra funding :D

Agreed. I wonder if Tim Schafer's $3.33 million Kickstarter project will be at risk. :lol:

Agreed. I wonder if Tim Schafer's $3.33 million Kickstarter project will be at risk. :lol:

Just wondering, when did this project start?

This topic started five days ago, and none of the updates on the kickstart page are older than that. If this project has only been up for less than a week hitting $1.3M is extremely impressive, and I'm sure we can definitely expect to see it exceed that $3.3M project by the end of the month it has left. Really, if this project managed to raise $1.3M in a week, it's definitely possible it could have well over $5M by the end. Just think of how many goodies the game would have if it went that far over the $1.5M mark :evilgrin:

Just wondering, when did this project start?

This topic started five days ago, and none of the updates on the kickstart page are older than that. If this project has only been up for less than a week hitting $1.3M is extremely impressive, and I'm sure we can definitely expect to see it exceed that $3.3M project by the end of the month it has left. Really, if this project managed to raise $1.3M in a week, it's definitely possible it could have well over $5M by the end. Just think of how many goodies the game would have if it went that far over the $1.5M mark :evilgrin:

I posted about it right around when it went up. So yeah, about five or six days is all it has been active.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost at $1.9 million! Obsidian will likely be working towards Wasteland 2 as well.

We have announced a major piece of good news today that inXile has reached an agreement with Obsidian for potential design assistance for Wasteland 2. What that means is that Obsidian’s Chief Creative Officer, Chris Avellone, is going to work with our team on the design and writing of the game! It is important to note that we say "potential" as they will come aboard assuming we hit $2.1 million in funding. The good news is that we have already seen a spike in just the few hours since this was announced in a press release this morning.

For those of you who don't know who Obsidian or Chris Avellone are, they are the bulk of the brains who worked on Fallout 1&2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment when I was back at Interplay. More of the band is back together to make sure we bring you a fantastic RPG. Chris is going to help push the density and literary content of the game.

The original Wasteland was an important game to Chris as he recently stated, "Wasteland is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and when Brian asked if I wanted to work on the sequel, I jumped at the chance. While I've worked on Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, getting the chance to work on the spiritual predecessor to the Fallout franchise is a honor."

While the programming work will remain with us here at inXile, we are looking to use a host of tools that Obsidian has created which will help us get assets into the game faster. The faster we can implement and iterate on content, the deeper the game and the more varied choices the gamers can make.

That’s more good news for all of you that put your faith in us.

• 9 months later...

Been a while since this has been updated, but the team at inXile have been working hard on Wasteland 2. In fact, they've just posted the first gameplay look at the game running on Unity.

This is the first look at the current state of development for Wasteland 2.

The first part of the video is a collection of some of the radio broadcasts from our favorite cults of the Wasteland. After that Development Director Chris Keenan will give you a tour of the Agricultural Center and show off some of the features of the game including the combat system, the HUD, the skill system, and the keyword dialog system.

All of the game-play footage was captured directly from Unity. With the exception of the not implemented yet Mini Map and some placeholder sounds and portraits, this demo shows you what you can expect to see in Wasteland 2.

http://vimeo.com/59292662

(click the vid for the bigger view at vimeo)