MSI Big Bang XPOWER Motherboard Reviewed

Nemo

Socket 1366 motherboards have been out for quite a while now so you may wonder why OCC is reviewing a new MSI board with that socket. The latest 1366 boards have new features such as USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s support and more, so check out the MSI Big Bang XPOWER - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/msi_bigbbang_xpower/

Wow this is a cool and sexy motherboard!

I honestly have the urge now to save up the money and upgrade.

Hrmm...

Do it Do it! 1366 is an awesome platform! :biggrin:

Great article! I do wish though, in the comparision tests that they would have used different mobos than the MSi Plat and Intel board. Since this is a gamers/enthusiast targeted board, would have been nice to see it up against the likes of the ASUS RIII. I just upgraded from a MSi X58 PRO-E that I loved to the RIII, and when I started reading this review i was hoping one of the compared boards would have been the Rampage! Then you get to the conclusion and the RIII is mentioned for being more expensive and that just solidified the fact it would have been good to use it as a comparision. I do love MSi, great products and support, super fast on the RMA! This is my 1st ASUS board and so far I am pretty happy, especially considering that I pd less the $280 for it :) But, upgrading and/or changing pc components is a never ending obsession of mine, so I would still love to see these 2 board compared directly!

Again though great review, looks like a BA board.

Great article! I do wish though, in the comparision tests that they would have used different mobos than the MSi Plat and Intel board. Since this is a gamers/enthusiast targeted board, would have been nice to see it up against the likes of the ASUS RIII. I just upgraded from a MSi X58 PRO-E that I loved to the RIII, and when I started reading this review i was hoping one of the compared boards would have been the Rampage! Then you get to the conclusion and the RIII is mentioned for being more expensive and that just solidified the fact it would have been good to use it as a comparision. I do love MSi, great products and support, super fast on the RMA! This is my 1st ASUS board and so far I am pretty happy, especially considering that I pd less the $280 for it :) But, upgrading and/or changing pc components is a never ending obsession of mine, so I would still love to see these 2 board compared directly!

Again though great review, looks like a BA board.

The reason we didn't use other boards is because of time. We didn't have the time to go back and retest everything if there was new BIOS versions and what not. So we are going to be doing a roundup to cover what you are looking for. :)

The reason we didn't use other boards is because of time. We didn't have the time to go back and retest everything if there was new BIOS versions and what not. So we are going to be doing a roundup to cover what you are looking for. :)

Right On Bosco! Will it be a front page article?