NVIDIA GTX 660Ti Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tax SUCKS if you buy from Newegg and your in NJ. Thank god I only live like 50 miles away from Edison, NJ in NY.

It didn't used to, then they decided "Hey let's be asses and open a warehouse in NJ, so everyone else gets speedier service at that while they just get taxed..." :glare: , their service was plenty fast from just CA, shoulda stayed there and if they needed more space, then open a new warehouse RIGHT NEXT TO their CA one lol

As Americans see it

As Australians see it

:lol:

About the current price, its awesome!!

Asked mom to pick one Gigabyte up today, and in next few hours, she will do the job for me.

Edited by d6bmg

Glad they're dropping prices though (and hope I didn't come off as nit-picky, I was just bored and wanted to see how bad it'd be for me and then add shipping in for the majority of you taxless bastards :P )

It's cool, you could just move and then sign up for ShopRunner, or whatever Newegg uses for free shipping. :whistling:

As Americans see it

As Australians see it

:lol: No lie, that does suck!

I never been to Australia but I hear the women are better looking there, soo how 'bout we work out a trade? :P

Nvidia didn't rebrand for the 600 series? What about the GT 610, GT 620 and the GT 630?

Rebranding invasion: GeForce GT 610, 620 and 630

It looks like there are more on the wikipedia:

Link Wikipedia

Even if the 6750/6770 is a rebrand of the 5750/5770, I have heard that they scale better in crossfire anyway.

I kind of understands all this hating on the 660 TI. After seeing in the Tom's Hardware that the 660 ti isn't MUCH better than the HD 7870 and is more expensive in some cases (like here in Portugal)... I think that if it were $50 cheaper like I have read in other places, most people wouldn't have a doubt to go for it. Another thing is the bus and other things that make 660 ti worse at higher resolutions and in SLI.

Another thing is, at least here in Portugal this happens, the 7950 is about the same price or even cheaper than the GTX 660 ti, so it doesn't make much sense to get the 660 TI at all. Well, where I usually buy my hardware, I can buy a brand new Asus HD 7950 DirectCU II by the same price of a GTX 660 TI DirectCu II.

really wasnt aware of those cards even being out. Most of them are OEM and i havent seen any reviews or heard anyone speak of them. Also with the couple others that arent OEM its the same, i just havent seen anything on them. It is strange because i have seen reviews on the kepler 640 which was the gk107. The OEM 640 is not kepler based. Really the gk107 is a massively cut down card. I would much rather have the GT 645 over the gk107 any day even if it is a rebrand.

Anyhow, i have surely been corrected. It wasnt my intentions to be misleading, i just never heard of these cards and thanks to you i have gained the knowledge, :blush:

As far as rebranding goes, it shouldnt bother anyone. It really isnt all that bad. If there is still a market for a design that a company already has whats the harm in selling it? Its obviously not something enthusisat would want, its old news or whatever, but there are plenty of people who are much more casual and these products can be great for them. If there is still a market for your older designs, you would be a fool not to sell cards there.

As for the 660ti, now that the 7950 is so cheap it is way to close to the 660ti price. The 7950 is a gem now. Its very impressive. There still could be a market for the 660ti at its current price, but ultimately AMD has a enthusiast class card priced almost as cheap. The 7950 has lots of pros over the 660ti. Not that the 660ti is chopped liver though, its got a few positives. I just think the 7950 is looking sweeter now than the 660ti. At the cost of higher power consumption and heat though, there are plenty of people who would prefer the sipping watts of a 660ti. Ultimately the overclocking headroom of the 7950 makes its higher power consumption very forgivable,

At current prices, AMD rocks. people who are already interested in buying borderlands2 might find the 660ti a great value. It really is if you where gonna spend 60 bucks on that game anyway.

Edited by ocre

really wasnt aware of those cards even being out. Most of them are OEM and i havent seen any reviews or heard anyone speak of them. Also with the couple others that arent OEM its the same, i just havent seen anything on them. It is strange because i have seen reviews on the kepler 640 which was the gk107. The OEM 640 is not kepler based. Really the gk107 is a massively cut down card. I would much rather have the GT 645 over the gk107 any day even if it is a rebrand.

Anyhow, i have surely been corrected. It wasnt my intentions to be misleading, i just never heard of these cards and thanks to you i have gained the knowledge, :blush:

As far as rebranding goes, it shouldnt bother anyone. It really isnt all that bad. If there is still a market for a design that a company already has whats the harm in selling it? Its obviously not something enthusisat would want, its old news or whatever, but there are plenty of people who are much more casual and these products can be great for them. If there is still a market for your older designs, you would be a fool not to sell cards there.

As for the 660ti, now that the 7950 is so cheap it is way to close to the 660ti price. The 7950 is a gem now. Its very impressive. There still could be a market for the 660ti at its current price, but ultimately AMD has a enthusiast class card priced almost as cheap. The 7950 has lots of pros over the 660ti. Not that the 660ti is chopped liver though, its got a few positives. I just think the 7950 is looking sweeter now than the 660ti. At the cost of higher power consumption and heat though, there are plenty of people who would prefer the sipping watts of a 660ti. Ultimately the overclocking headroom of the 7950 makes its higher power consumption very forgivable,

At current prices, AMD rocks. people who are already interested in buying borderlands2 might find the 660ti a great value. It really is if you where gonna spend 60 bucks on that game anyway.

It's cool, I usually only hate rebranding when they move the same card's hardware, untouched, to the new generation and keep it in the same performance/price bracket. But if they soup it up with a nanometer shrink(8800GTS->9800GTX), pcb shrink(9800GTX->GTS 250), lower power usage(???), or overclock it some (460->560) then it's more acceptable because then it's sort of new.

It's cool, I usually only hate rebranding when they move the same card's hardware, untouched, to the new generation and keep it in the same performance/price bracket. But if they soup it up with a nanometer shrink(8800GTS->9800GTX), pcb shrink(9800GTX->GTS 250), lower power usage(???), or overclock it some (460->560) then it's more acceptable because then it's sort of new.

imagine how great some designs couldve been with just a die shrink and clocked up. Some architectures get left behind that probably would be great with a shrink. like the gf110. Imagine it at 28nm with higher clocks

This card is good enough for me. Had the beautiful 460 before and i was quite plesed. Now i don`t have money for a 680 but even that i think it`s expensive so this 660ti looks like it can handle almost everything at 1920x1080.

This card is good enough for me. Had the beautiful 460 before and i was quite plesed. Now i don`t have money for a 680 but even that i think it`s expensive so this 660ti looks like it can handle almost everything at 1920x1080.

ever heard of a 7950? :whistling: