NVIDIA GTX 660Ti Reviewed

Bosco

Didn't you go from 3 GTX 580s to 3 HD 6970s to 2 GTX 560ti's? :lol:

2 GTX580s to 2 HD6970s to HD7970 to 2 HD7970 to 2 GTX560 non-Ti to 1 GTX580 to 1 GTX670 to 1 HD7970 :P

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for 3x1080p silly :lol:

Or for those using higher res monitors, remember 4k tvs are coming in now, those will need some serious oomph to get running smoothly

2GB with crippled bus, have fun.

Exactly.. I think we all know that it would cripple performance on higher res. Yet they still offer a Tri-SLI option :glare:

I think its a killer card compared to AMD's offerings. However if the price was a tad lower it would look much better.

You're 100% correct. I fail to see the incentive to upgrade to this card if you're running a decent last gen card at 1080p. Having said that I feel all the latest gen cards have been too overpriced. What's wrong with those marketing goons... Don't they realise there's an ongoing world recession? I was looking forward to upgrading my card but the price has just killed it for me.

i'm baffled by nvidia's pricing on this one. here in aus AMD have the HD 7770 $150, HD7850 $250, HD7870 $320, HD 7950 $390. Nice even coverage for all price points.

Then you look at Nvidia who have the GT 640 ~$110; GTX 660Ti ~$360 then GTX 670 ~$470 Thats a massive price range discrepancy between the 640 & the 660. admitedly you can still get a 560ti in some places for ~$250 but they're becoming quite rare. Nvidia are really shooting themselves in the foot by not catering to the mid range market.

Edited by bilcliff

You're 100% correct. I fail to see the incentive to upgrade to this card if you're running a decent last gen card at 1080p. Having said that I feel all the latest gen cards have been too overpriced. What's wrong with those marketing goons... Don't they realise there's an ongoing world recession? I was looking forward to upgrading my card but the price has just killed it for me.

Yeah, well that's often the case where the next gen isn't worth upgrading from the last generation at the moment of launch but as the price settles to where it should (hopefully?) then it will become more attractive. I think they need to lose the whole Ti thing and just make one GTX660, I know they're going to make a GTX660 which is going to be some kind of rebrand of 560Ti probably...like just stop nvidia. Put that manufacturing into the new card and make it cheaper yet or call the other card the GTX655 or something, I hate the millions of versions of the same trim level. How many official versions of GTX460 were there?? Not to mention all the subversions from different companies, ridiculous!

i'm baffled by nvidia's pricing on this one. here in aus AMD have the HD 7770 $150, HD7850 $250, HD7870 $320, HD 7950 $390. Nice even coverage for all price points.

Then you look at Nvidia who have the GT 640 ~$110; GTX 660Ti ~$360 then GTX 670 ~$470 Thats a massive price range discrepancy between the 640 & the 660. admitedly you can still get a 560ti in some places for ~$250 but they're becoming quite rare. Nvidia are really shooting themselves in the foot by not catering to the mid range market.

Yeah, that is pretty bad. I'm sure you'll have your 560Ti rebranded to a 660 non-Ti (go how I HATE having to say this :glare:) soon enough, they might even add an extra $20 because of that higher number :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Exactly.. I think we all know that it would cripple performance on higher res. Yet they still offer a Tri-SLI option :glare:

Did you not see the Surround tests in the review?

Besides - would you rather they leave them off so you could complain about that instead? :lol:

I don't get the hate. This card is by far the best bang-for-buck at $310...yet everyone is complaining about the price.