[WTS] Onion's car fund!

Onion

The neighborhood will HATE me because this car is LOUD, and I've seen loud mustangs lol.

My neighbors don't like my 302 with glasspacks when I start it up in the morning either. I dunno why :-/:lol:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still got them with the long tubes and the offroad x-pipe? Hm. You'll get a couple MPG better on the highway without them. It turns out that's why my Cobalt was such a freak for MPG (and why it was so damn loud).

How loud are we talking about here? I've never heard a loud 4 cylinder, except for one time when some retard was running his engine without headers. *Facepalm*

How loud are we talking about here? I've never heard a loud 4 cylinder, except for one time when some retard was running his engine without headers. *Facepalm*

Loud as in headache-inducing when I got into the throttle. :lol: It sounded quite good for a smaller engine, but it was just too damn loud. I ended up putting on a truck muffler as a resonator and a 3 chamber muffler on the back before I got it quieted down. It was still "loud" under full throttle but nowhere near as bad as when I first got it. :lol:

The one time I fired it up with an open downpipe I made my ears ring when I revved it up. I'm used to 140 dB stereo systems. This was louder. :lol:

Loud as in headache-inducing when I got into the throttle. :lol: It sounded quite good for a smaller engine, but it was just too damn loud. I ended up putting on a truck muffler as a resonator and a 3 chamber muffler on the back before I got it quieted down. It was still "loud" under full throttle but nowhere near as bad as when I first got it. :lol:

The one time I fired it up with an open downpipe I made my ears ring when I revved it up. I'm used to 140 dB stereo systems. This was louder. :lol:

I'm sure most vehicles will make your ears ring with open headers or downpipe. :lol: I've heard my friend's SRT8 Challenger run open headers on the street (completely legal lol) and you could still hear him a mile down the road. I see how a loud exhaust can get annoying though. Thankfully the mustang I'm getting doesn't drone too much.

Nothing wrong with a loud exhaust as long as it doesn't have a really obnoxious resonance frequency.

My fathers F150 at about 1900-2100 (don't remember the exact range but it is somewhere near there) RPM is terrible, it sounds great otherwise but that just drones like crazy.

Yeah my dad's car is like that too. If you end up cruising around 2000 RPM it's deafening for some reason. Of course, with no cats, long tube headers, and a loud frickin' exhaust it's expected. :lol:

Good luck with the buy!

Thanks. :D I'm gonna try to make him go even lower, I'll show up with 500 bucks under what we agreed on and see how that goes. :D