Gamer Xtreme 1000 SE Prebuilt Gaming System from CyberPower

Nemo

Here's something a bit different for us at OCC - a pre-built gaming system for just under $1000. Check out the review of the CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 1000 SE - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cyberpower_gamer_extreme_1000_se/

Here's something a bit different for us at OCC - a pre-built gaming system for just under $1000. Check out the review of the CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 1000 SE - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cyberpower_gamer_extreme_1000_se/

That's a nice rig for less than Newegg cost! :D

There's a type in the page names though - "Testing: Futuremark 3DMark Vantage" should be "Testing: Futuremark 3DMark 11". :cheers:

Well I like the Article and Yeah it seems like a great budget system. What kind of bothers me is that You only went to Newegg to compare pricing. I know you are just using Newegg as an example and then later in the article you are saying that Cyberpower is a better option which is also okay.

Newegg is no longer the ultimate source for great pricing. Yes they have some good deals everyweek. If you are putting together a computer, you, most times just take advantage of what ever pricing bonuses you can get at the time you want to purchase.

If you take the time to visit alternate sources you can get some additional savings over Newegg. For instance, the $40 savings over newegg could be made up to the dollar just by purchasing the CPU at Micro center. Perhaps no all of us can take advantage of this but many could all over the states. Amazon has alot of popular computer hardware available at lower prices without Tax or Shipping on top of a lower overall price vs Newegg. We have sellers here at OCC who sell on Ebay and yes sometimes you can get a better deal from them as well. Tiger direct and im sure alot of other e-tailers offer certain items lower than Newegg.

It you take the time to shop then you can get lower than probably Cyber power.

Edited by Kwok

Well I like the Article and Yeah it seems like a great budget system. What kind of bothers me is that You only went to Newegg to compare pricing. I know you are just using Newegg as an example and then later in the article you are saying that Cyberpower is a better option which is also okay.

Newegg is no longer the ultimate source for great pricing. Yes they have some good deals everyweek. If you are putting together a computer, you, most times just take advantage of what ever pricing bonuses you can get at the time you want to purchase.

If you take the time to visit alternate sources you can get some additional savings over Newegg. For instance, the $40 savings over newegg could be made up to the dollar just by purchasing the CPU at Micro center. Perhaps no all of us can take advantage of this but many could all over the states. Amazon has alot of popular computer hardware available at lower prices without Tax or Shipping on top of a lower overall price vs Newegg. We have sellers here at OCC who sell on Ebay and yes sometimes you can get a better deal from them as well. Tiger direct and im sure alot of other e-tailers offer certain items lower than Newegg.

I think the point was that it's hard to find all of the parts for the same price as the CPPC at ONE PLACE. Obviously, I could shop around and find various parts on sale, but that's much more annoying than going to newegg and ordering everything at once.

A lot of people that I plan builds for flat out refuse to go anywhere else other than newegg, so they get all of their parts at once and they don't have to worry about other shipping delays, even if it means paying more.

Edited by iskout

I understand what you're saying, and it's definitely a valid argument, However, the CyberPower computer is using new hardware so building a comparison with used hardware isn't exactly fair. I've got nothing against purchasing used equipment, I do it all the time :P, but you usually don't get the warranties/extras that come with the new stuff. I also think, I may be wrong, that more people order hardware online then purchasing it at microcenter which would also make it an unfair comparison.

I just went onto price grabber and priced out the same computer as the CyberPower machine. I used the lowest prices for each part (which was usually amazon, but Newegg occasionally) and the price was still more than the CyberPower machine. I don't have the exact number because I couldn't find the correct cooler or the correct memory on pricegrabber, but it came to around $1,030. So even with shopping around at different etailers the CBPC machine is still cheaper.

I also understand what you're saying when you say that you can build a cheaper, equivalent, computer. It's easy, just use a different motherboard, different GPU, different memory, different case, different cooler.., etc. Swapping out the parts for equally powered, lower cost, hardware will quickly save you a ton of money. But doing so also changes the comparison.

From what I've seen so far, part for part, the CyberPower machine is the cheaper option.

As for newegg no longer being the ultimate source for hardware, I agree, but it's what OCC uses for pricing. This may change eventually, but I'm not the one who can make that decision.

I understand what you're saying, and it's definitely a valid argument, However, the CyberPower computer is using new hardware so building a comparison with used hardware isn't exactly fair. I've got nothing against purchasing used equipment, I do it all the time :P, but you usually don't get the warranties/extras that come with the new stuff. I also think, I may be wrong, that more people order hardware online then purchasing it at microcenter which would also make it an unfair comparison.

I just went onto price grabber and priced out the same computer as the CyberPower machine. I used the lowest prices for each part (which was usually amazon, but Newegg occasionally) and the price was still more than the CyberPower machine. I don't have the exact number because I couldn't find the correct cooler or the correct memory on pricegrabber, but it came to around $1,030. So even with shopping around at different etailers the CBPC machine is still cheaper.

I also understand what you're saying when you say that you can build a cheaper, equivalent, computer. It's easy, just use a different motherboard, different GPU, different memory, different case, different cooler.., etc. Swapping out the parts for equally powered, lower cost, hardware will quickly save you a ton of money. But doing so also changes the comparison.

From what I've seen so far, part for part, the CyberPower machine is the cheaper option.

As for newegg no longer being the ultimate source for hardware, I agree, but it's what OCC uses for pricing. This may change eventually, but I'm not the one who can make that decision.

I wasnt making reference to used parts nor was I limiting my conversation to just OCC users/posters. As far as lilmiting options of what a person can or cannot do while trying to save money to match or beat a system offering isnt in the true spirit. I was refering specifically to the parts in this CyberPower offering. By just walking into Micro center and purchasing a 2500k for $179 there goes the profit out the window on an identical system. As far as your customers are concerned you can defend their logical options with good cause. Buying in one place saves hassle, especially if someone else it gonig to do the building. If one is to DIY then shopping at two or even three different locations can yeild a substancial savings. As far as OCC using Newegg exclusively for comparison, well I didnt know this was official.

Edited by Kwok

By just walking into Micro center and purchasing a 2500k for $179 there goes the profit out the window on an identical system.

Most of us can't do that - and you should probably factor in the cost of both time and gas if you're going to include brick and mortar stores. :P

I know Newegg doesn't always have the best prices but the ease of shopping (and customer service) certainly make it worth buying as many parts as possible there. The prices usually are only very slightly different than the "best" price from another reputable online dealer.

Edited by Waco

@Waco so now you are defending Newegg against me? why? I use Newegg all the time for many thousands of dollars worth of purchases for me and my friends. Lots of people can and do go other places for savings. I dont have to defend my post against anyone here and i wish you and others didnt feel the need to defend the article as 100 percent correct. Its not that big of a deal anyways :cheers: It seems we are escallating and getting further and further away from the topic specifics. I can and do give my opinions even if they arent 100% "with the program".

I would wager that if Nemo has read any of this he is laughing already.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Kwok

I dont have to defend my post against anyone here and i wish you and others didnt feel the need to defend the article as 100 percent correct.

:lol: Nobody is attacking you. I'm just bitter than I don't have a Microcenter anywhere near me. :P

@Kwok

I'm not trying to argue with you. I agreed with what you said.

I used pricegrabber to find the cheapest cost of each part from multiple etailers. The cyberpower computer was still cheaper. That was the only point I was trying to get across. :)