Which large SSD?

Smiki007

I have a chance to get (using a local online seller/courier) one larger SSD, I would like to hear your opinion which one (comparing performance, size and price per Gb):

1. Crucial M500 960GB $752.86

2. Samsung 840 Evo 500Gb $525.62

3. Samsung 840 Pro 512Gb $581.52

4. Plextor PX-512M5P 512Gb $605.88

5. SanDisk Extreme 480Gb $433.35

PS. All prices are final (final price = base price + shipping + taxes/custom).

Cheers.

Edited by Smiki007

That's a pretty wide range of choices (and prices) :)

No matter how you crack it up the Samsung 840 Pro 512Gb SSD is a clear favorite IMHO.

I just couldn't bring myself to pay $750 give or take for a Crucial M500 drive.

If I needed to make a good buy then I'd spring for the SD Extreme that comes in at .90 cents per Gb.  Hard to argue against that.

Do they have the Samsung EVO 750GB or 1TB? If you are going for a huge SSD I would pick one of those 2 for price/quality ratio.

If the selection is limited to that list, the pro is a winner as wevsspot said.

That's a pretty wide range of choices (and prices) :)

No matter how you crack it up the Samsung 840 Pro 512Gb SSD is a clear favorite IMHO.

I just couldn't bring myself to pay $750 give or take for a Crucial M500 drive.

If I needed to make a good buy then I'd spring for the SD Extreme that comes in at .90 cents per Gb.  Hard to argue against that.

Yeah, I'm thinking of Pro too (will save ~ $170), but calculating Gb/$, M500 cost $0.77 per Gb, and Pro cost $1.14 per Gb, Reading various reviews I've seen that M500 is the cheapest 1Tb SSD drive on the market, an its performance not so bad (comparing with the Pro).  

Do they have the Samsung EVO 750GB or 1TB? If you are going for a huge SSD I would pick one of those 2 for price/quality ratio.

If the selection is limited to that list, the pro is a winner as wevsspot said.

Only what is listed.

Edited by Smiki007

TBH, where we stand now in terms of technology, the regular user or gamer won't really notice a difference between brands. It comes down to QC and durability. The Pro is faster in benchmarks, that's about it lol

Bottom line, if on a budget, get the Sandisk, if not get the PRO.