Mass Effect 3

InCrYsIs

Nice little collection of information about Mass Effect 3. Some spoilers as well, for anyone who has yet to beat ME2.

Also, the newest Game Informer magazine has a look at some of the missions in the game. On one of the sidebars there is mention of three different ways to play the game. Roleplaying, which is how the past two games have been, Action, which is pure combat and all the dialog is chosen for you, and Story, which has really easy combat but lets you focus a lot more on the story of the game. BioWare said players can choose how ME3 will be for them based on reactions of how players have gone through ME1 and ME2. Some people love the fighting, so they will go for Action, while others who really like the story and aren't too great at fighting can choose Story. Roleplaying is still the mixture of both, and to me is the preferred way to go through ME3.

i went to gamestop and they said pre-orders for ME 3 collectors edition is sold out for good. that is crazy, good thing i did my on amazon the first day i heard about it.

Not unexpected, actually. I'm like you though, I have my ME3 CE pre-order from Amazon. Only time I really get anything from GameStop is when I have gift cards to it.. like I do now. :lol:

i went to gamestop and they said pre-orders for ME 3 collectors edition is sold out for good. that is crazy, good thing i did my on amazon the first day i heard about it.

I am in the same boat, I went there today and asked to preorder it... I was a little pissed off that they couldn't pre order it for me especially since they still list it on their website... I spent over $1000 at this store last year. the least they could do is over-ride the lock out and put one on reserver for me :-\, maybe if I talk to the GM...

I was talking with Danrik earlier about Origin's EULA and how it really isn't all that different from a ton of others. Windows 7 has an EULA that basically lets it scan your computer, determine what browser you use, what your Internet protocols are, determines whether or not your Windows copy is legit, and several other things that are pretty invasive. People still use Windows, right? World of Warcraft players let Blizzard scan their PC to collect geographical and IP address information, plus the Warden software scans for any malware or hacks you could be running to get an unfair advantage in WoW. People still play World of Warcraft, right?

Hundreds of companies scan your computer to determine what software you use, where you buy stuff, and what your computer is made of in order to sell you specific products. Companies need to know exactly what demographic to cater to in order to be successful later on. Why try to sell you a game you already own and not make a sale?

Here's the kicker: EA and every other company that gathers data on us is bound by data protection laws. The United States has them, the European Union has them, plenty of countries have them. EA can only keep the data for a certain period of time by law and cannot just access it or sell it at random. EA (and every other company) is bound by data protection laws. Failure to abide by those laws can have some pretty dire consequences.

Mass Effect 3 requires Origin regardless of physical or digital copy. Won't be available on Steam either, but ME3 will require a one time activation for the single player and a constant connection for multiplayer. No limit on number of installs either.

Who actually thought it would not need Origin and would be available on Steam ? :lol: Obviously people who didn't get BF3 :P