Happy Valentine's Day

aaron6581230

Don't worry WarWeeny one day you'll meet a woman that feels the same exact way and you'll live unhappily ever after together in pessimism lol.

but if i avoid contact/relationships with people how can i ever live unhappy ever after? D:

i do like the thought of having such a girlfriend tho :P

travism21 sounds like a good view of life,

that feeling you have is the true meaning of life, almost all people deny it but you and i a the few who actually DO understand how life is and we should be proud of that.

Edited by WarWeeny

Don't worry WarWeeny one day you'll meet a woman that feels the same exact way and you'll live unhappily ever after together in pessimism lol.

but if i avoid contact/relationships with people how can i ever live unhappy ever after? D:

that feeling you have is the true meaning of life, almost all people deny it but you and i a the few who actually DO understand how life is and we should be proud of that.

i do not feel pride only emptiness, tis not a fate i would wish upon my worst enemy

My wife and I chatted online and so we didn't see one another until like 3 months of chatting online. Wasn't really eager to send fotos of each other either. We connected that way. I'm pretty sure she is not with me for my looks (which I dont have) :D as for money, she makes way more than me.

It's sad to see someone so hurt that he rejects the world. Going through a traumatic event with friends and relationships can really skew your views, and it's only then when we see if they really were friends/partners. I miss my wife everyday, from the time I leave home, until we meet again. She completes me. Like any couple we have our differences, but what is important is how we resolve them, and move on.

I can guarantee you, you're better off single in terms of avoiding some conflict and hurt, but when it works, there's nothing better in this world.

*also we dont really do "valentines" as each day is special to us.

Nicely put together!

Edited by d6bmg

Late post but whatever. Hung out with the gf all day (after we had our classes of course) and just enjoyed each other's company as we do everyday, had a nice dinner as well. Oh, and we went to see A Good Day to Die Hard. Both had a blast. :D

Not going to lie, while being single had it's advantages, once you find someone that you just click with... there's no feeling like that in the world. Yeah it's a risk but hell, reward is worth it :)

WarWeeny:

As someone who also feels a long term relationship isn't for him and has felt many of the same frustrations I have refined my stance on many things.

When it comes to friends you can't always expect them to be there for you.  It's just not going to happen.  They are going to let you down.  Just like you are going to let them down.  On a basic level, ya you are using each other ...even if its just to stamp out your current boredom.  But what's wrong with that?  If both of you gain more than you lose and your friend makes you happy, tell me how/why it really truly honestly matters that you used each other to be happy?

There is absolutely no way you can live without "using" someone/thing.  Even if you move out in the wild and become a hermit in the woods, you would still be using mother nature to suit your needs.  "No man is an island."  Found that link when googling to see who the quote belonged to.

The goal shouldn't be to find someone who won't use you, but to find someone who complements (not praise, but balances) you.  For example, I have a friend in VA who felt the same way as you and she felt she had no "friends", everyone is a "colleague" that can't be trusted.  Even though I no longer live in D.C. we're still friends and share information only friends would share. :)   Another example... I have a good friend who moved in from Cali to use us for training.  He's trained in martial arts for many years and is quite adept but to take it to the next level he felt he needs to train with us - he says it all the time that is why he moved out here.  He's anti-social in many ways (he's never even been on a date) so in your definition a huge red flag to stay away from.  I call him a good friend because we share a lot of the same interests, a lot of the same view points on life and we flat out just get along.   It's a symbiotic relationship, not a parasitic one. 

It's not easy finding a true friend. I know a lot of people but would only call about 4-5 friends.  There are people I hang out with more so than my friends but it doesn't mean I would say they're my friend.   Out loud I will call them a friend because that is social etiquette but I wouldn't put the same trust in them I would a friend or go to the same lengths that I would for a friend.  It's always best to keep people at a distance but you should never be closed off.   I really like the Yin Yang philosophy.  You cannot have good without bad.  You can't always be soft or always hard.  There has to be a balance.  If you think of friendships/relationships as Take only, sure they are gonna fail.  Some days it may feel like you are always giving, but if you found a true friendship some days it may feel you are the one doing all the taking.   When it feels balanced out you probably found yourself a true no kidding friend - hang onto them!

• Like 1

WarWeeny:

As someone who also feels a long term relationship isn't for him and has felt many of the same frustrations I have refined my stance on many things.

When it comes to friends you can't always expect them to be there for you.  It's just not going to happen.  They are going to let you down.  Just like you are going to let them down.  On a basic level, ya you are using each other ...even if its just to stamp out your current boredom.  But what's wrong with that?  If both of you gain more than you lose and your friend makes you happy, tell me how/why it really truly honestly matters that you used each other to be happy?

There is absolutely no way you can live without "using" someone/thing.  Even if you move out in the wild and become a hermit in the woods, you would still be using mother nature to suit your needs.  "No man is an island."  Found that link when googling to see who the quote belonged to.

The goal shouldn't be to find someone who won't use you, but to find someone who complements (not praise, but balances) you.  For example, I have a friend in VA who felt the same way as you and she felt she had no "friends", everyone is a "colleague" that can't be trusted.  Even though I no longer live in D.C. we're still friends and share information only friends would share. :)   Another example... I have a good friend who moved in from Cali to use us for training.  He's trained in martial arts for many years and is quite adept but to take it to the next level he felt he needs to train with us - he says it all the time that is why he moved out here.  He's anti-social in many ways (he's never even been on a date) so in your definition a huge red flag to stay away from.  I call him a good friend because we share a lot of the same interests, a lot of the same view points on life and we flat out just get along.   It's a symbiotic relationship, not a parasitic one. 

It's not easy finding a true friend. I know a lot of people but would only call about 4-5 friends.  There are people I hang out with more so than my friends but it doesn't mean I would say they're my friend.   Out loud I will call them a friend because that is social etiquette but I wouldn't put the same trust in them I would a friend or go to the same lengths that I would for a friend.  It's always best to keep people at a distance but you should never be closed off.   I really like the Yin Yang philosophy.  You cannot have good without bad.  You can't always be soft or always hard.  There has to be a balance.  If you think of friendships/relationships as Take only, sure they are gonna fail.  Some days it may feel like you are always giving, but if you found a true friendship some days it may feel you are the one doing all the taking.   When it feels balanced out you probably found yourself a true no kidding friend - hang onto them!

Well said man.

The true meaning of life... if that was the true meaning of life you wouldn't be here. Nothing in life can be accomplished by yourself, and that includes procreation.... and that generally includes a little bit of at least interest in someone of the opposite sex.(don't try to tell me you would have . with a girl if you both hated the fact the other existed, and then manage to raise a healthy child)

WarWeeny:

Well said man.

WarWeeny:

thats all nice and stuff but if all 5 ''true friends'' abandon you, you see things differently,

experience in this kind of thing is the key here and in my case it was nothing special to begin with.

i had a friend who i knew 15 years and were really close, and nothing could stand in our way but once i move 50km (35~miles which is nothing) from home because i was going to live on my own they didnt contact me on how i was doing or anything and then eventually never hear from them again, it makes you see things differently.

this was just 1 out of 5 friends who did this to me and well, that changes alot on who you are and who you are going to trust or not.

hell even my father did this to me and it makes you a different person if you have experience alot on a short amount of time.

thats just how it is and i base my view on things based on my experience, like everyone else does.

mine was more negative then others but then you can see how people truly are, if you dont want to see it, thats good for you, but the harder you will fall once that times comes that someone betrayes you, it will happen, you only dont know when that will be. but when it is that time, you will realise that my view on life and people isnt all that bad and that in the end i was right on how to view people for who they really are.

1 The true meaning of life... if that was the true meaning of life you wouldn't be here.

2 Nothing in life can be accomplished by yourself,

3 don't try to tell me you would have . with a girl if you both hated the fact the other existed, and then manage to raise a healthy child)

1 - if i am the only person who found out the true meaning of life, then i still would be here because others didnt found out yet.

2 - i am doing great so far and i have done it by myself

3 - i dont plan on getting kids, i am not destined to get kids, dont want to either, not only because my way of life and how i see things but also i hate kids lol.

even if they would be my own, i know i cant say that until i actually got one but the thought of having one is just not there.

edit: yeey doublepost >.<

well not really a double post, but i wanted ot merge with my previous post and that kinda failed :P

Edited by WarWeeny