Can I run 2 Pumps, on 1 WaterCooling Loop?

Just like it said, I want to know if anyone has more than 1 pump on a loop? I have all Swiftech watercooling, Storm CPU, MW60 GPU, 120x2 Rad., and a Swiftech 655 pump and Res. I want to add a Chipset cooler when I get my new 3200 crossfire board and I am very concerned about the flow being too slow at that point.

Can you run 2 pumps in one loop? or do I need to make a whole seprate loop and buy all the parts I would need to do that! I was thinking of putting a second pump after my Raid. and pump into the Res., that way it wouldnt put too much strain on the first pump. My flow is ok now, I wish it was a bit better, I have too much tubeing (everything is mounted on the outside, side of my case, 8ft. of tubeing) but I know if I add a chipset block, it will be like a trickle.

Let me know what you think, do you think it may damage the pumps by doing this?, could it be puting a strain on the single pump and a second pump might help it out, thanks!

There's no problem with running pumps in series. I like to put them right after another. Outlet of 1 to inlet of second one, it just makes a little easier for me to get a clean install.

Maybe I'm just retarded but I can't figure ut how 2 pumps on a row will help/increase flow, anyone care to explain to the watercooling noobs?

In a rig like Pickles I'd put one of the between the radiator and CPU block.

Maybe I'm just retarded but I can't figure ut how 2 pumps on a row will help/increase flow, anyone care to explain to the watercooling noobs?

2 pumps in parallel = increased flow

2 pumps in series = increased shut-off head (how far water can be pushed before flow stops)

For water-cooling, head pressure lets you mount impingment blocksmore blocks without killing transit. Understanding the way this works has a lot to do with the type of pump too.

Your opinion is as good as anyone else's. ;) The problem with parallel is that you have markedly reduced head-pressure throughout the entire performance curve. That, in and of itself isn't bad, until you slap something like a Storm in your loop.

Not to mention that if one goes out, the other one is still pumping away.

to me this is infinitely more important than the extra power/flow from 2 series pumps

at PDXLAN, this guy had a couple 6800Ultra SLI cards on a single pump loop and the pump stopped or burned out or something

MELTED his 6800 cards cuz teh rig doesn't shut off if the gpu gets too hot (only cpu lol)

well, CPU Killer replaced his 6800's with a then-brand-new 7800GTX right on the spot just cuz he felt bad (wasn't even Killer's fault in any way.... happens ya know?)

but it should be a lesson...redundancy is nice (which is why we like RAID-1 for important data)

ps: that same PDXLAN, a kid flew in with his rig, and it got bounced so hard that the cpu heatsink and retention crap got ripped right off his Abit IC7 Pentium4 board....there was no place to get replacements of any kind at night and even the next day would be a hassle having to drove 40 miles down to Wilsonville to the only real store (Fry's) in PDX....so I called CPU Killer over to see what he could do...and CPU Killer just modded his case and installed a watercooling setup RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT...and charged him NOTHING.

so

if you guys ever wonder why I promote Danger Den so much...it is because there's no freakin way anyone could EVER beat that kind of service...never in my life have I seen so much at once ;)