3DMark06 Scores

swifty11212

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's been years since I posted on here!! I haven't used the alias of Trash80 for a long time. I usually go by Crusader now, some of you know me from over at BenchAddix (Celcius, hardnrg) anyhoo. Here's my latest approved score, I have a higher score but the ORB won't allow me to publish it yet.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=659996

Knowing what settings to use to get the maximum score is part of the art of benchmarking. Each benchmark has it's own settings to tweak, You can overclock your CPU and GPU higher with Aquamark3 than you can in 3DM06, 3Dmark 2001 SE likes it if you run your desktop 800X600 etc. Other than that you run the benchmark app with it's default settings.

Cecius and I probably spend more time benchmarking than playing games.

Oh yeah, added another 8800GTX the other day. I've seen it break 17,000 already. Just need a screenie or link.

Edited by Trash80

There are a ton of things you can do to increase scores, to try and get everyone to run them the same is impossible. Which services to disable, priority setting for the app, graphical settings (quality vs performance) screen resolution, color depth, background, etc etc etc. You do whatever you can to achieve the highest score possible. If you think Kingpin is going to share all his secrets so we can all bench like him you gotta be kidding. You compare the maximum score produced not how you get there. You could try to govern the settings, but it is impossible to police and people will always bend the rules. So that is simply what the Benchmarking community agrees to. No rules, do what ever you can to achieve the highest score, LN2 setups, triplecascade, holding your breath if you think it'll help. Everything short of Photoshop and code manipulation.

Anyways, new score. 18329

Happy Benching.

post-5057-1165728724_thumb.jpg

something is wrong with my CPU score, I get 925...

5061 altogether doesn't sound that right as well?

X2 4400+ @ 270x10, Speedline PC4000 @ 245MHz (180MHz (9/10) divider) 3-3-2-8-1T, 2x7800GT's @ SLI @ 490/1170MHz, DFI SLI-DR Expert....

[edit] NEVERMIND, CoreTemp had crashed, taken one whole core of my CPU, rebenched, got 6989-->

69863damrk06pw4.th.jpg

• 4 months later...