New 990FX Board Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email this morning that AMD has now officially delayed their new CPU's. No timetable as of when we will see them.

Just so long as it's before Hell freezes over we should be okay :P

If you guys had no problem reviewing the new chipset without the processor. Can you review the new CPU when you get one on the old 890FX Crosshair IV. I'm concedering an upgrade of only the CPU if bulldozer can match or beat intels top chip and would like it reviewed on an updated AM3 board.

My Crosshair 5 Formula with 8GB of 1600MHz rated memory at 2000MHz.

Crosshair V Formula

1090T @4016MHz

8GB memory @ 2000MHz

GTX570 x 3

Post 2 of 2

click for larger image

251_lin_s.jpg

click for larger image

251_mem_1_s.jpg

click for larger image

251_aid_s.jpg

click for larger image

251_3d06_s.jpg

click for larger image

251_3dvan_s.jpg

click for larger image

251_3d11_s.jpg

click for larger image

251_pcvan_s.jpg

3ds Max w/V-ray

Time to render: 1:39:51

click for larger image

251_court_1_39_51_s.jpg

September is likely Mr.Bosco as that is when the 7000 series is also being released and it gives us a chance to upgrade the motherboards over time and let us buy their older stock till then... the ECS one on the homepage looks nice!

So will 2133Mhz RAM run with AM3 processors or do they need oc'ing too?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

If you guys had no problem reviewing the new chipset without the processor. Can you review the new CPU when you get one on the old 890FX Crosshair IV. I'm concedering an upgrade of only the CPU if bulldozer can match or beat intels top chip and would like it reviewed on an updated AM3 board.

Yeah I'm curious about this too, seeing how the performance was barely improved if at all. If at all with current gen phenoms, I want to see what extra performance the bulldozers get with their "extra features" available

September is likely Mr.Bosco as that is when the 7000 series is also being released and it gives us a chance to upgrade the motherboards over time and let us buy their older stock till then... the ECS one on the homepage looks nice!

So will 2133Mhz RAM run with AM3 processors or do they need oc'ing too?

That's when X-bit labs is putting it while Anandtech thinks late July :dunno: Just saw that news and already put together a news item for the homepage that will hopefully pass inspection soon.

I'm sure Alan will do just that, testing on both an 890FX and 990FX board...when he can get his mitts on it.

That's when X-bit labs is putting it while Anandtech thinks late July :dunno: Just saw that news and already put together a news item for the homepage that will hopefully pass inspection soon.

Ya I hope July as September is meant to be the 4.2Ghz one release date along with 3 other refreshes...

Wow I don't even really use programs that fully support my 6 cores on my X6. What are we supposed to do with 8!?!?!? :dunno:

Edited by Black6464