Virus that locks down whole computer

Pteroduck

So this virus seems to be spreading, it stayed on the HDD even after I did a reimage and a full nuke. 

Its the *****************Computer has suffered non-coverable system error

Call supportline 713-634-2494 blah blah blah etc etc************************************Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Maybe a Full nuke might do the trick? I tried reinstalling the OS to no avail
Any ideas?

I would ask if you removed your Master boot record as well. A couple of years back it was a known fact that viruses could hide themselves in the MBR.

Here is the procedure if you are booting from the DVD disk and use the command prompt. It has been a while without me using any DOS recovery. This procedure is good though, I tried diskpart (without actually cleaning) and this should be it.

Usually the DVD installer asks for you to select the partition. I would clear the whole drive then recreate the partition. Again, I have not installed Windows since a while.

Are your drive in some kind of RAID? That might be different in that case.

That might've worked, fingers crossed! No signs of it yet, it's barely been 24 hours so I wouldn't know yet.

Did you wipe the bios or MBR?

I did everything, I went and flashed a new bios, nuked it, put in a new set of windows, wiped the MBR, installed windows, and nuked it again to make sure, I'm hoping that got rid of it......

Nice!

Did you lose a couple of files in the process? Or do you have a well thought back-up plan? Actually I would be pretty pissed if that happened to me.

I lost everything on it unfortunately.... on the bright side it hasn't spread so that's always a plus!