power to mb but wint turn on x79

Having a heck of a issue with my current rig. Was working fine had gotten two water blocks for the mb so i tore it down put them on. Leak tested fine put everything back plugged in etc first odd thing yutrned on psu lights on mb lit only three little ones, pressed power nothing... no power at all. As i said psu everything was working prior to tear down.

Things i have tried ,

Tear down

Re seat everything.

Any help would be greTly appreciated

Think i found the culprit, the new vrm block has odd screws and i didnt notice that one was making contact with a post and bowing the chasis a bit. I know it should ground , but the block is all copper and the screw appear to be steel. Well anyway hopefully that was the dead short causing the mb and psu not to leave standby power.

Heres hoping

If the board worked before the only things I can think of is either a short or something is not plugged in.  Have you tried to clear the bios and or start the motherboard from the button on the board itself (assuming you have one).

Of the 2 boards I've put blocks on, one caught fire because the VRM block was inproperly installed. The person used thermal paste when you should NEVER do that, even if its non conductive. The other I did myself so I didn't have a problem.

Ok ill will try that , its a horrid pain to tear down three gpu rig with everything watercooled. Or is ot possible to over tighten the raystorm cpu block thumb screws? They are not hammered but i did snug them up good. Its gotta be the board or chip, the psu and gpus work else where.

If the board worked before the only things I can think of is either a short or something is not plugged in. Have you tried to clear the bios and or start the motherboard from the button on the board itself (assuming you have one).

Of the 2 boards I've put blocks on, one caught fire because the VRM block was inproperly installed. The person used thermal paste when you should NEVER do that, even if its non conductive. The other I did myself so I didn't have a problem.

Well thats my issue the reset and power buttons on board are not even lit, cleared cmos a bunch even remeoved bat. I use the tape for vrm block sticky on one side like squishy stuff. Ive had it apart three times looking for short points of bad wires etc. There was a short piint i fixed on the nb block, the blocks screw was hitiing a stand off... even after i fixed nothing.

At this point I would what spike said and tear it back down and see if it boots normally. Im not sure what your talking about when you say you hammered things in place, eitther way, if the board doesn't light up or boot than you most likely need to take it apart and stick factory heatinks back on. Do you have a picture of it install? maybe we can see something you might have missed.

edit: You can overtighten depending on the block. what brand(s) / model are you using?

board=x79dark

blocks are made  by natemandoo over at ocn,  for nb and  vrm

block cpu xspc raystorm  speacial edition it has post  only go so far i dont see me bending the hard steel backplate on mb. something else a tad  bit odd, the psu which was working now does not so it may not be the mb or chip.  i  have the nex1500 psu i have 5 and 1 switches on in  the back which should   allow for power without mb it odes not. i also even tried  jumpering  green to black on the 24 pin nothing  so maybe the  short i found behind the nb block could have shorted the psu? 

this will  be  the forth time ive tore down, i eliminated all other periphs, except cpu mb,psu. i hear the psu click when  i turn it  on from the back but that its.

generally if you can't jump the psu, than I would assume thats the problem lol. Its strange that it lit up the motherboard before though...  In the past i've only had a psu not turn on because I had the wrong modular connector attached. It was OCZ cord that look idenitcal to the seasonic but the pins inside the 6-pin connector was lay out different causing the psu protection to kick it stopping it from powering on.

Hows is your power outlet? 1500w is easy to trip the breaker if you load it. do you know if the outlet still works?

generally if you can't jump the psu, than I would assume thats the problem lol. Its strange that it lit up the motherboard before though...  In the past i've only had a psu not turn on because I had the wrong modular connector attached. It was OCZ cord that look idenitcal to the seasonic but the pins inside the 6-pin connector was lay out different causing the psu protection to kick it stopping it from powering on.

Hows is your power outlet? 1500w is easy to trip the breaker if you load it. do you know if the outlet still works?

yea  the wall is first place i  looked as ive triped the breaker before benchmarking but that was because the wife was using her  25AMP  hair dryer at same time... the odd thing is i never moved it or disconnected it prior to block instal,  other than the vrm block screw hitting a standoff i didnt see anything that would kill the nex1500, was running smoothly at 4.6ghz on cpu and 1315mhz on all three gpus.... so frustrating as i am a gamer

Edited by Bittbull187

Hmm well maybe it doesn't like the connectors? Did you switch up on accident?

I'm running out of ideas but if your PSU indeed doesn't power on when jump and nothing is connected than I can only guwas that's the culprit. Electrics can break at any time for no reason. Heck I've had a hard drive fail simply by restarting the computer. It was pure coincidence but none the less these things happen.

I wouldn't rule out something else just yet but start with what you know and work from that.