Bad day thread

Pteroduck

If it makes you feel any better, I was worse when I was learning to drive stick. I was terrible at downshifting, and pretty bad at low speeds. So bad, in fact, that I managed to STALL a Corvette ZR1! With high power cars, if you let the clutch go too fast, you chirp the tires, not stall the car. Nope, I actually managed to stall a $100,000+ Corvette. :doh:

Who in the world let you learn in a vette?

Let the clutch go too fast? What is this you speak of? =p My last truck had a racing clutch, it was in or out, no inbetween. If you weren't at atleast 2k(or higher gear and gradient dependent) you were stopping...

I recognized a guy that was on the Top Gear special where they go from Miami to New Orleans. After talking to him a for a little while, he let me go out with him for a ride. We ended up doing donuts on a brand new ZR1 LOL. That's how my Mustang's clutch was, you had to pretty much powershift it.

I think my BS meter just hit 11. :lol:

Also - how the hell did you stall a 6L supercharged C6? I took off in 3rd when learning to drive my dad's car and couldn't come close to dogging it let alone stalling (and it was my first time ever touching a manual transmission). :lol:

I have a picture with him and I just for such an occasion. ;) I'll try to pull it out. 

No idea how, but I stalled it lol.

Found it. They called him Robert the Persian on the show.

4vuY0.jpg

wow impressive!

He seemed kind of crazy anyways, not in a deranged way but a 'quick to act' sort of way...

LINK TO VIDEO

Secondary mirror

Also has he moved to a more respectable dealership now?
His clothes in your pic are much more 'management of actual dealership' looking than in the video.

Edited by Andrewr05

He seemed kind of crazy anyways, not in a deranged way but a 'quick to act' sort of way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twnF_Li_zvI

Also has he moved to a more respectable dealership now?

His clothes in your pic are much more 'management of actual dealership' looking than in the video.

Yeah, I asked him a bunch of personal stuff because I was really interested. He's a really nice guy. He's been at the dealership I met him at ever since he sold his dealership in Miami Beach. It's the best Chevy dealership in my area, and he's well liked by all the other salesmen, so things seem to be pretty good for him. He's not management, though, just a salesman.

Btw, your video says its blocked for copyright.

Here he is with Clarkson talking about his rifle.

4w1Hl.jpg

Edited by Onion