MoBo problems? Maybe!

Central NSW!

All Gigabyte boards support ONLY Crossfire. I know you can use one nvidia card in a crossfire board but SLI is not good for a crossfire board.

If I want SLI it seems Asrock is the only brand I can find for an older CPU that will also support SLI if I want it in the future.

There are better boards but they start at 200 dollars Australian and go up to over 400 dollars.

My choice is Asrock 990FX Extreme 4.

The reason is "SLI.  AM3 as well as AM3+.  Full size ATX PCB. On board sound and Lan.

If any body says this is a crap board, please say so. But choices are very limited in Australia.

^^ They are costly!!

And I missed OP's location. :unsure:

Aus is costly hence I bought a GTX690 from wardozerx at a price that was $400 less than aus prices haha.

Some.people have issues with asrock boards but in my personal experience and the experience of reletives I have using asrock boards there has been no issues.

• Like 2

Found 2 Asus boards at PCCasegear.

Asus M5A99FX Pro2.0        $162

Asus M599X Evo R2.0         $146   Which is best?

Supports SLI and the ASUS website says the Phenom 11 X4 965 (140 watt and 125 watt) is in the support list for both boards

I think this is the way to go.

Edited by Cespenar

I have to add a further problem with my rig. Sorry 'bout that.

Tonite, when I pressed the X to close a window, the window would go full screen. When I clicked the middle button to make the window smaller, it would minimize to the taskbar. Weird huh?

Makes me wonder if Windows is my main problem.

Found 2 Asus boards at PCCasegear.

Asus M599X Evo R2.0         $146   Which is best?

Supports SLI and the ASUS website says the Phenom 11 X4 965 (140 watt and 125 watt) is in the support list for both boards

I think this is the way to go.

Both boards have almost same featureset. In my opinion you are better off with M599X Evo only because of it's lower cost.

Central NSW!

All Gigabyte boards support ONLY Crossfire. I know you can use one nvidia card in a crossfire board but SLI is not good for a crossfire board.

If I want SLI it seems Asrock is the only brand I can find for an older CPU that will also support SLI if I want it in the future.

Negative ghost rider - it is a limitation of the AMD 970 chipset.  Not a particular motherboard manufacturer.

I ordered this one from PCCASEGEAR.

The reason is that the two PCIE X16 's both run at 16. Better if I want to SLI. Maybe not a lot better, but it sure made a big difference when I had the Asus Crosshair and two 8800gtx's.