GTX 600s might release in April

Prunes

For gaming and benchmarking?

Does it really matter? The whole point is that none of us really NEED these rigs but we still upgrade them anyway.

Mainly gaming, benchmarking is just a hobby.

To get 60FPS in Metro 2033 maxed at 1920x1080 with DoF and Witcher 2 at 1920x1080 maxed with Uber sampling , you need two 7970's to get 60FPS average.

my 580s played it maxed.. and you're kidding yourself if you think you "need" any of it.. reality is.. you dont.. i dont.. i dont even have 580s anymore.. ive got back to old school rocking my 8800gts.. and i can still play bf3 lol albeit lowest setting but seriously.. im playing the game! all the matters

my 580s played it maxed.. and you're kidding yourself if you think you "need" any of it.. reality is.. you dont.. i dont.. i dont even have 580s anymore.. ive got back to old school rocking my 8800gts.. and i can still play bf3 lol albeit lowest setting but seriously.. im playing the game! all the matters

DoF kills FPS in Metro, I doubt my 580s or yours could maintain 60FPS with DoF and all settings and AA maxed.

Or wait, I cant remember what FPS my 580s got, maybe AMD cards lack in Metro ??

Playing the game is what matters but its way more enjoyable with high quality

Both Waco and Nyt Ryda need to chill out.

Nyt, no need to criticize someone else for what they do with their computer. Just because you don't do something doesn't mean others cannot. If he wants to have top of the line parts and do those things, who are you to question that?

Waco, you do not need to make sarcastic remarks to get your point across. If you don't agree with something someone says, why create an even bigger issue? Just point out that different people have different abilities/wants/needs and be done with it.

Now seriously, back to the topic at hand. Has anyone found any gaming benchmarks with the 600 series? I will be looking for another GPU at some point and want to see if it is worth it to wait for the 600 series or just grab a 7870.

Nyt, no need to criticize someone else for what they do with their computer. Just because you don't do something doesn't mean others cannot. If he wants to have top of the line parts and do those things, who are you to question that?

I didnt criticize him because I would criticize myself as well, I asked him why he is doing rendering and stuff that usually guys in there 20's would do ? And he answered me...

well, i just do these things.

i was interested in them so i learned how to do so, when people i know find out i can, i get asked to do video work etc

i do promotional work for charity events, friends bands, small companies etc

the vms and servers are mostly for me and my family

as for the physics stuff, that is for my uni courses

and about how i pay for all this. i build and sell computers, fix them, upgrade them, virus removal etc. all the money from that goes to the desk. it adds up rather fast

Case closed, no need for sarcastic comments because I asked a question. I never went saying "You stupid fool ! Why do you have hardware like that since you'll never use it" or anything to criticize him, I just asked a question geez

Depends on your paycheck lol. 500+ for one card, ouch. Big money

And you couldn't talk about it since it wasn't released. :P

Until now, we've been only hearing about the 680 GTX... what about the others? At least, I don't see news about them being released in April or other months. :P

And you couldn't talk about it since it wasn't released. :P

Until now, we've been only hearing about the 680 GTX... what about the others? At least, I don't see news about them being released in April or other months. :P

I'm just basing off of how much the previous _80 cards go for. Might be a lot more, dunno.

I'm just basing off of how much the previous _80 cards go for. Might be a lot more, dunno.

well apparently the 680 was going to match 7970 launch price, so the evga one would be $600ish imo