GeForce GT 220 Graphics Card from Inn03D Tested

Nemo

I never really understood the necessity to have so many variants, obviously it makes the company money but do we really need 9 200 series cards?

1. 210
  2. GT 220
  3. GT 240
  4. GTS 240
  5. GTS 250
  6. GTX 260
  7. GTX 275
  8. GTX 280
  9. GTX 295

(Plus whatever other variants there are)

Gah!

That being said, this card seemed to overclock pretty nicely and gain a pretty decent FPS increase in quite a few of the games.

It seems good for the casual gamer but wouldn't be very good for some one who games much higher than 1920x1200.

Very nice review as usual Frank...

smileythumbsup.gif

I never really understood the necessity to have so many variants, obviously it makes the company money but do we really need 9 200 series cards?

Covers the market from top to bottom, it's always been like that :P

280s are really hard to find on newegg and the 250 is just rebranded old technology and the 295 is quickly being phased out, not many companies still carry them as the need for those cards is dimishing quickly with ati's hold on the best of the best technology. The 240 is just a shrunk 9600GSO

So really there are only about 5 200 series cards being sold in high numbers and probably less in the future that truthfully new cards. I really don't see the 260, 275, and the 285 coexisting together in the future so one or two of them will probably killed while the other is labelled a GT3XX and maybe given a die shrink.

That's just what I think though.

Edited by gabrieltessin