Need help with Logo design

mpj

hey WarWeeny i dont see a submittable from you either Mr armchair quarterback. haha I thought you were or are a graphic designer? that spot took me 10 Mins so should take you 1 min ?  half a min?

Please explain HOW that was terrible? what it didnt have Japanese characters? LOL thanks mo

I think. no one ever taught  you to be nice. if your going to be harsh with the critique you should post something other then hot air, or remain silent.

that i am a graphic designer doesnt mean i can make logo's faster >.>

logo making takes time and i have a life, i can see what i can do when i have the time and that will be in around 5 hours or so.

that logo is terrible for alot of reasons:

1 the T is in the front to it says either TCS or TSC which both are incorrect.

2 the T is a terrible design because it doesnt add-up to the font in the rest of the logo

3 the T is black and overshadows the rest of the letters, which is ofcourse confusing for the people who read it.

4 the T is obvious out of place in that togo and doesnt work well together with the rest of  the logo, it looks pasted on and everyone can see it is done by a nobody

should i continue or do you have enough feedback?

arrogant person is arrogant.

then post something but there is no need to be rude with overly harsh critique. I was joking with you didnt mean to get your goat. i dont know you well enough for it to be personal.. 

if you were joking then make it apear that you do, you just preconceived your opinion based on my member title.

that means you are on a personal level with someone, because, you think that someone has certain skills based of that and judge accordingly.

thats wrong and i let you know that that isnt acceptable.

il post a few things, again, if i can find the time. its not that i dont have a life.

LOL bud that was the (haha) portion a laugh. next time i will use a

Sarcasm Box to denote sarcasm.

Sorry man again, I was just trying to goad you into posting something for mjp.

I was not offended in any way and yes I was overly sarcastic.

As I understood it it is for a Hockey Jersey design. I thought you were being sarcastic with the  no no no no Terrible so i just gave it back a bit thicker.

it was my initial intention to present a different view in an attempt at a synergistic collaboration.

Like this website (OCC), a melting pot of minds with diverse thoughts and views on PC tech.

I grew up in small city in central NY (Utica) an area where we told momma jokes, and told our friends to *** and **** and ********  and laughed about who burnt who the worst. Still do to this day with friends.

I am truly sorry if you misunderstood my intentions with my sarcasm.

It was and never is personal it is just one of my character defects.

Yes I took a shot at japanimation I love  the older japanimation like Akira I was 19 in 1989 when I first saw and loved  it.

And older toons like HeavyMetal, Fire and Ice.Growing up I watched Voltron for Christ sake!

That was just a shot in the dark that struck an obvious nerve. Im pretty good at that...some times to good and i forget we have people here from all over the world and do not take sarcasm the way most Americans do.

My intention was to get you to post your own piece and rib you on the fact that you were offering all sorts of comments but no images your self until you did.

1. T out front and foremost for "Tool" the companies bread and butter
  2. T for Tough bastards because wimps don't play hockey ( in my opinion one of the last real sports that is played for the love )
  3. Put the T in black to set it apart from the CS because the name is already in the circle, so like a name tag i thought it was self evident that the teams name was ...
  4. if we all thought the same life would be boring, and there would be no fights in hockey and it would be as boring to watch as Baseball....

So thats My 2 cents and my most humble apology to WarWeeny.. I LOVE YOU MAN ! Dont be sipping on the hate-r-ade got nothing but love and respect for ya brother!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey WarWeeny i dont see a submittable from you either Mr armchair quarterback. haha I thought you were or are a graphic designer? that spot took me 10 Mins so should take you 1 min ?  half a min?

Please explain HOW that was terrible? what it didnt have Japanese characters? LOL thanks mo

I think. no one ever taught  you to be nice. if your going to be harsh with the critique you should post something other then hot air, or remain silent.

that i am a graphic designer doesnt mean i can make logo's faster >.>

logo making takes time and i have a life, i can see what i can do when i have the time and that will be in around 5 hours or so.

that logo is terrible for alot of reasons:

1 the T is in the front to it says either TCS or TSC which both are incorrect.

2 the T is a terrible design because it doesnt add-up to the font in the rest of the logo

3 the T is black and overshadows the rest of the letters, which is ofcourse confusing for the people who read it.

4 the T is obvious out of place in that togo and doesnt work well together with the rest of  the logo, it looks pasted on and everyone can see it is done by a nobody

should i continue or do you have enough feedback?

arrogant person is arrogant.

then post something but there is no need to be rude with overly harsh critique. I was joking with you didnt mean to get your goat. i dont know you well enough for it to be personal.. 

if you were joking then make it apear that you do, you just preconceived your opinion based on my member title.

that means you are on a personal level with someone, because, you think that someone has certain skills based of that and judge accordingly.

thats wrong and i let you know that that isnt acceptable.

il post a few things, again, if i can find the time. its not that i dont have a life.

LOL bud that was the (haha) portion a laugh. next time i will use a

Sarcasm Box to denote sarcasm.

Sorry man again, I was just trying to goad you into posting something for mjp.

I was not offended in any way and yes I was overly sarcastic.

As I understood it it is for a Hockey Jersey design. I thought you were being sarcastic with the  no no no no Terrible so i just gave it back a bit thicker.

it was my initial intention to present a different view in an attempt at a synergistic collaboration.

Like this website (OCC), a melting pot of minds with diverse thoughts and views on PC tech.

I grew up in small city in central NY (Utica) an area where we told momma jokes, and told our friends to *** and **** and ********  and laughed about who burnt who the worst. Still do to this day with friends.

I am truly sorry if you misunderstood my intentions with my sarcasm.

It was and never is personal it is just one of my character defects.

Yes I took a shot at japanimation I love  the older japanimation like Akira I was 19 in 1989 when I first saw and loved  it.

And older toons like HeavyMetal, Fire and Ice.Growing up I watched Voltron for Christ sake!

That was just a shot in the dark that struck an obvious nerve. Im pretty good at that...some times to good and i forget we have people here from all over the world and do not take sarcasm the way most Americans do.

My intention was to get you to post your own piece and rib you on the fact that you were offering all sorts of comments but no images your self until you did.

1. T out front and foremost for "Tool" the companies bread and butter
  2. T for Tough bastards because wimps don't play hockey ( in my opinion one of the last real sports that is played for the love )
  3. Put the T in black to set it apart from the CS because the name is already in the circle, so like a name tag i thought it was self evident that the teams name was ...
  4. if we all thought the same life would be boring, and there would be no fights in hockey and it would be as boring to watch as Baseball....

So thats My 2 cents and my most humble apology to WarWeeny.. I LOVE YOU MAN ! Dont be sipping on the hate-r-ade got nothing but love and respect for ya brother!

well this comment was unexpected

I made two (forget about the red I picked, I just wanted to make something quick and focus on the design, plus that's not the best quality)

cts2l.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thats...actually pretty decent D:

the T is a nail (i asume) that stands for the tooling solutions.

the only thing you whould change is the font in the red part, make it bold so it prints easier, plus, if you can, make the c and s block letters like the T, that way the logo fonts corresponds and look nicer.

you can still keep the nail theme that nails into the letters so that idea doesnt get lost.

Edited by WarWeeny

Yes.. it was just an idea, font is thin (hard for printing) for the OP but I think he got boored of us jajajajjajajaja. He should choose and yes I imagine "tooling solutions" is a hardware store..

Edited by Fragsman

Yes.. it was just an idea, font is thin (hard for printing) for the OP but I think he got boored of us jajajajjajajaja. He should choose and yes I imagine "tooling solutions" is a hardware store..

I'm still lurking. It's a pretty cool idea and would be great if we were a hardware store or carpenters, but unfortunately we're a bunch of machinists. The hammer only comes out when something isn't working or fitting right. :woot:  It usually doesn't end well.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pointers:

Experiment with basic polygon shapes with your format. Define a bounding box around the logo and from there, see what kind of shapes you can get while you place pentagons (found often in nature) and Hexagons (perfect Hexagons are not found in nature; but some inanimate objects like snowflakes will display hexagon characteristics; might be a good place to start). Try putting two Hexagons with edges equal to the edge of the square within which your logo will design (or rectangle, for that matter). Mirror it across two axes and take a look at what kind of lines will appear to you from both the vertices of the hexagons and the shapes that they'll create between each other and with the format itself.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but color wise, you might want to check out Adobe Kuler -- it's a fantastic help when you're trying to get some color swatches together and are rusty on your colour theory. Just remember that Red and Black play with each other quite nicely, but red will overpower black quite quickly (balance between the two will be evident with more black than red)

On a final note, I'm of the minimalist opinion that ornamentation and frivolity in design harms the message which you're trying to convey; simple lines, subtle (or no) effects, and basic geometric shapes have great strength and will display prominently.

Best of luck!