Transcend StoreJet 25M3 1 TB External USB 3.0 HDD Reviewed

Bosco

Confused as to why it can't get all the power it needs from a single usb 3.0 port i have two Toshiba 1tb external usb 3.0 drives and they work great and i can clone one from the other in little to no time at all. I get sustained transfer speeds of 100-125mbs granted they're only half full at this point.

Am very impressed by the shock resistance of this drive though.

Are they all 4200 RPM drives and/or small capacity?

Larger and faster drives do use more power at peak than USB is allowed to deliver within spec, hence the dual USB plugs.

Larger and faster drives do use more power at peak than USB is allowed to deliver within spec, hence the dual USB plugs.

Mine have all be 5400RPM drives. And never had an issue even on my older USB 2.0 ones when USB 2.0 isn't rated to supply the same amount of power as 3.0.

Mine have all be 5400RPM drives. And never had an issue even on my older USB 2.0 ones when USB 2.0 isn't rated to supply the same amount of power as 3.0.
Then you either have very low power drives or they cheat. :tongue:

Then you either have very low power drives or they cheat. :tongue:
Haha well WD greens and blues in my USB 2.0 drives I nearly forgot about the two 500gb blues I had haha and now I have my 1tb USB 3.0 toshibas that I haven't cracked open yet :)