Sapphire VID-2X Display Expander Evaluation

Nemo

A very good but cheap must have thing for laptop users.

Nice review btw. :thumbsup:

thank you d6 :)

Interesting you said cheap. I was mostly curious about how the $180 price tag would be viewed. It is very convenient for laptop users.

Glad you made special note of home users.

It is going to be harder for someone at home to justify the cost. However for someone at work that is carting their laptop around, it is great. So be it at their desk using multi screens for productivity work or in a conference displaying graphs and slides.

Price may be a little steep however it does have it's market and it will sell. Especially when you take in the price tags of other adapters.

Glad you made special note of home users.

It is going to be harder for someone at home to justify the cost. However for someone at work that is carting their laptop around, it is great. So be it at their desk using multi screens for productivity work or in a conference displaying graphs and slides.

Price may be a little steep however it does have it's market and it will sell. Especially when you take in the price tags of other adapters.

I agree Stoner, The price point separates the will increase production individual from the merely cool to have crowd.

Interesting you said cheap. I was mostly curious about how the $180 price tag would be viewed. It is very convenient for laptop users.

I said it cheap not in respect to its actual price, but in respect to any descent graphics card, (say GTX570) which any desktop user would have added with his system if he felt the need of more than one display device.

Yes, $180 is pretty high price only considering the price tag, but those who does not have any other option, would not be a matter for them. :)

Additional goodies: No need for external power supply is a boon for any laptop users.

Edited by d6bmg

I said it cheap not in respect to its actual price, but in respect to any descent graphics card, (say GTX570) which any desktop user would have added with his system if he felt the need of more than one display device.

Yes, $180 is pretty high price only considering the price tag, but those who does not have any other option, would not be a matter for them. :)

Additional goodies: No need for external power supply is a boon for any laptop users.

I agree completely d6. I think ii's a great value myself. I was guessing that the $180 was going to be a tough sell though. You have a great point though, limited options, and runs off 3W :)

My wife who prefers laptops, thinks this thing is the cats pajamas.....yeah I'm old.:lol:

Stoner brings up a good point.For the student who is taking web/html or content creation software classes, this is a great tool.