Laptop drives[recommendations]

Pteroduck

any ideas on a reliable drive thats fast and quiet?
i read about the traveler 7k series and the other scorpio blacks

I'm not quite leaning towards Seagate Barracudas because i know they go faulty after a year and WD has a 5 yr warranty for their black series

edit: its for a hp hdx-16t-1200 if anyone is interested in what im putting the drive in. Compatibility is a must :P

Edited by Pteroduck

i was thinking that but my laptop doesnt accept SSD's for some reason, i put my crucial m4 in there before hand to see if it would work, no bueno

What problem did you face to be exact?

Any laptop shouldn't face any problem with SSD.

Depending on the SATA controller you have get a matching SSD....

If you have SATA-II then get a SATA-II SSD and so on...The Kingston are good for swaps like that and I've had no issue retrofitting laptops with SSD drives when keeping them fitted. I wouldnt put a newer SATA-III drive into a laptop with a SATA-II controller as thats where issues arise sometimes

If you have SATA-II then get a SATA-II SSD and so on...The Kingston are good for swaps like that and I've had no issue retrofitting laptops with SSD drives when keeping them fitted. I wouldnt put a newer SATA-III drive into a laptop with a SATA-II controller as thats where issues arise sometimes

:withstupid:  I was just going to say this as well.

I don't think adding a mid-range SATA III SSD in a SATA II controller will cause a bottleneck.

Or, will it? :unsure:

my M4 was a sata 3 so i might assume thats the problem. I plugged it in and when i ran the hard disk test its tell me hard disk not detected or something like that

Then may be the controller of the laptop is too old to detect any SSD...

so i guess i'll have to find a new HDD for my laptop then:/

Before deciding that I think you should contact HP and ask them about the compatibility of HDD or SSDs with the laptop you own. And google is always your friend. ;)