Multiple Chrome instances?

NCC10281982B

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been like this for as long as I've used Chrome.

It's torrents running in the background. Everything you have on your computer is uploaded to ze internetz.  :ph34r:

It's torrents running in the background. Everything you have on your computer is uploaded to ze internetz.  :ph34r:

Not quite... I think.

I'm not sure but my guess is this is a result of the sandboxing Chrome uses to isolate instability. Each instance is a plug-in, tab, and whatever else the developers want.

Yep Chrome runs each tab as its own process so when 1 tab crashes only that tab dies not the whole browser. However their are occasions where the whole browser crashes but thats usually due to something else. I have like 70+ instances of chrome going in task manger XD

FIREFOX FTW!

I think now that we know what causes all of those instances (mainly that is a pro and not a con) I can say Chrome FTW.

Though honestly I can switch back and forth between FF and Chrome and it makes almost no impact in my browsing ability.

Correct answer repeated multiple times  :)

I used Firefox for many many moons, and was a VERY slow / late adopter of Chrome.  But IMHO Chrome is simply a better browser.  I can't see myself ever going back to FF.