Is it possible to alter the "Screen Size" of an Android Device

Avinexis

I've bought the Humble Bundle for Android 2 and I'd love to play Avadon on it, but it requires a "Tablet". I'm using a 7" tablet which I'd imagine to be large enough, and due to the manufacturer (Cheap & Chinese) it's more than likely still seeing the device as a phone. I'm wondering if maybe there's a variable I can edit to get the game to run (with any potential screen size issues, etc.) by recognising that it is a Tablet.

The Device is rooted so that's nothing to worry about. I've tried altering LCD Density but that didn't help (without making the text and icons unhealthily small at least.)

Cheers peeps :)

Edited by Danrik

What version of Android is your tablet running?

4.0.3. It's a custom build, but I'd imagine the guts will be the same ;)

Just incase it's radically different at all, I may revert back to a 2.3.4 firmware if the battery life on ICS isn't nearly as good (which at the moment seems to be the case, but I'll ride it out for now :P)

If he's running 4.0.3, then yes, he is above 3.0. :P Avadon only needs a tablet running 2.2, but the resolution must be at least 1024x600.

I thought he had 2.3.4 :( Did ya ever get that accelerometer(spelled wrong?) working? Did you try contacting the support?

Looks like 3.0+ doesn't have anything to do then if others are running on 4.0+

His resolution is 800x480 :(

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I thought he had 2.3.4 :( Did ya ever get that accelerometer(spelled wrong?) working? Did you try contacting the support?

Looks like 3.0+ doesn't have anything to do then if others are running on 4.0+

His resolution is 800x480 :(

Yeah I got it working :) It was a firmware issue. Installed the latest firmware from the manufacturer website and got it flying :D

And yeah, sadly my resolution is only 800x480 :(