Need OC help fx8150

So is this just an assumption, or has there been any leaks indicating this to be accurate? I ask because this wasn't the case with the previous 2 generations of NVIDIA cards. 460s in SLI beat the 480 and even the 580 and 560 Ti SLI beats the 580, so I would think it would be the same with the 600 series. But since they aren't out yet, and I haven't seen any performance leaks, I may be wrong.

The 460 was a different deal. It was a 470 with some things changed if I remember. The 560 in SLI is NOT better than a 580. it wins in a few instances but in games like Battlefied, COD, Crysis the 580 stomps 2 x 560's. The 680 will stomp 2 x 660's. Nvidea will not let 2 x 660's beat a 680. It is their flagship card now.

Edited by Drdeath

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people seem to be confusing the 560 with the 560 Ti. And 560 SLI beats one 580 with the minor exception of games that do not support SLI (which after last nVidia driver update I doubt there are any games that do not support SLI)

http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-geforce-gtx-560-ti-2win-review/21

Get your facts straight before you decide on arguing with someone. I've noticed that you have something against pretty much everyone, DrDeath, not just in this thread.

The 460 was a different deal. It was a 470 with some things changed if I remember. The 560 in SLI is NOT better than a 580. it wins in a few instances but in games like Battlefied, COD, Crysis the 580 stomps 2 x 560's. The 680 will stomp 2 x 660's. Nvidea will not let 2 x 660's beat a 680. It is their flagship card now.

Just for the record, I said 560 Ti SLI, not 560 SLI....but I still don't think much of what you said here is accurate! Because the 480 and the 580 were both the flagship cards at the time of release and were both beaten by the midrange in SLI!

You people seem to be confusing the 560 with the 560 Ti. And 560 SLI beats one 580 with the minor exception of games that do not support SLI (which after last nVidia driver update I doubt there are any games that do not support SLI)

http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-geforce-gtx-560-ti-2win-review/21

Get your facts straight before you decide on arguing with someone. I've noticed that you have something against pretty much everyone, DrDeath, not just in this thread.

I wasn't confusing the 2 cards, I guess when I specified the 560 Ti SLI could beat the 580, I just didn't realize that the 560 SLI setup beats the 580 as well :lol:

As far as DrDeath goes, the arguing won't stop. I mean the guy says he is a reviewer and claims to be a water cooling expert, and he still thinks the radiator he is using is a Thermalchill :pfp:

Two 660s will almost definitely be faster than a single 680.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't think this, given the last 2 gens. But, we must be crazy, cause there is NO WAY DrDeath is wrong :rofl:

1 statement. The 560Ti is factory overclocked. I never said the Ti but since we are on the subject, overclock the 580 and the game changes.

The 680 is the card to get. If ya ever want to add another, you have a gaming powerhouse.

As far as DrDeath goes, the arguing won't stop. I mean the guy says he is a reviewer and claims to be a water cooling expert, and he still thinks the radiator he is using is a Thermalchill :pfp:

ooops Thermochill. Keep trolling, does wonders.

are you planning to get a pair and sli them?

if so then no, pick up a 680 for similar money. it will draw less power, be faster and still leaves room for further additions if ever needed, plus you avoid sli scaling altogether

Guest Black gold saw.

I might get flamed for this... But i like to use and suggest powerful single GPU's over 2X midrange GPU's.

SLI And crossfireX should be done if you know the games you have will benifet from them...

Yeah, I myself always prefer to go with the top card, rather than multiple lower end cards. That being said I have SLI GTX 680's because that's the only way I can max the Witcher 2 with uber-sampling on a 2560x1600 IPS :lol: