Need OC help fx8150

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do heavy photoshopping...and I've only ever used 7GB max...(that was a HD poster...the file size was about 1.4GB..which is pretty big for a PSD)

so 8GB will be fine for you..

Open multiple screens in photoshop and watch your 7G get eaten up, I highly recommend 16G of memory, not 8G for anyone who uses photoshop.

Edited by Drdeath

Open multiple screens in photoshop and watch your 7G get eaten up, I highly recommend 16G of memory, not 8G for anyone who uses photoshop.

I know...but I was just making a point to the OP....it only used that much because I limited it in settings...

Its what my computer is detecting as my graphic card

Im going to go to SLI 660's when they come out, 2gb version

is 12gb os ram good for moderate use then?

1 x GTX 680 will beat 2 x 660's in SLI. get the 680 and call it a day.

So is this just an assumption, or has there been any leaks indicating this to be accurate? I ask because this wasn't the case with the previous 2 generations of NVIDIA cards. 460s in SLI beat the 480 and even the 580 and 560 Ti SLI beats the 580, so I would think it would be the same with the 600 series. But since they aren't out yet, and I haven't seen any performance leaks, I may be wrong.

Somehow I doubt that but I do agree that a 680 is better than 2 x 660 in the sense that a 680 will carry anything you need and you can SLI another one in the future if need be. It will also be cheaper and much less power demanding. If you really want to go SLI now or in the future then i suggest you get an 850 watt PSU. A corsair TX 850 or maybe a corsair 950 TX if you plan on also getting an SSD and overclocking your rig.