Intel Core i5 750 Core i7 870 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, now my favorite processor is the 750 :). See ya 940!! (though if I were to build right now, I'd probably still go i7 920)

But for bang for buck the 750 is a amazing, it may become my overall favorite if it overclocks even better with newer stepping and an aftermarket p55 board.

I wonder if the motherboard chipset being a "p" series has something to do with the overclocking results, I know that's the only chipset offered with it but it just seems to be a trend that chipsets like the p35, p45, and now the p55 overclock like maniacs.

Great review sir coke!!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

so if i were to build a computer right now, and money wasn't a problem, should i get the i7 920 or go for the 750?

if money wasn't a problem I'd say probably the 920, but I'm holding my breath for the aftermarket boards and hopefully a second version of the 750 to come out. (like how the new D0 stepping 920s can overclock much better, run cooler, and use less voltage to carry out the same task)

I7 860 would be the best choice if they clock like this.

Yep, I think the 860 will be the sweet spot too.

Now AMD better come out with something really fast... and really fast!

Damn! I was hoping for low temperatures. I really couldn't stand the heat of my I7 920, it made my small room so stuffy at times.

Ccokeman you think you can compare the TRUE (i think i remember you saying you had one) with the MUX 120 on a quick OC test

Edited by damian