Printer not detecting on network

Afternoon Guys

Having a tricky problem,

I have a Kyocera Fusion 3050 printer that is linked to the network, from my server I am unable to ping it, connect to it or finding it in my arp tables. I have swapped out the network cable, plugged it into 2 different wall sockets where other users machines are connected to (they are able to get to the network/internet) still same problem. I thought it might be the network port on the printer that finally kicked the bucket, so I proceeded to plug a network cable between the printer and the laptop and give the laptop an ip address on the same range as the printer, then I was able to ping it and connect to it.

I changed the ip of the printer and connected it back onto the network thinking someone might have assigned their machine/device with a static ip address that was conflicting with the printer, but sadly same thing happened.

Any idea what the cause of this could be, what I have done is put the printer's ip address to dhcp (which was not a smart thing to do) monitored my dhcp server and the printer did not obtain an ip address. (had to do a double facepalm with a chair to my face by the hulk)... anyway any idea what would cause this predicament to happen

Cheerz

Regards,

Kylothian

Did you install the printer drivers? What changed between the time you noticed the issue with the printer?

Printer drivers are installed yes, from what I picked up...nothing. It was working the one day the next day I got a call to say printer is being special

might be overlooked, does printer set as shared at entire network?

Yes it is, everyone in the office is connected to that printer,

What I have not tried is to restart the network switches and the dhcp server...will give that a try