Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My case finally shipped, hooray! :D

Now I just have to wait a week for it to get here :(

Hey did you see that story about Newegg mistakenly shipping out Antec 300's instead of Cosmos II's this week?

......Just kidding :biggrin:

I'm a little disappointed I didn't try NCIX out sooner, what a noob... :lol:

I would bet on Newegg as having the largest allotment as well. at least you have the WC'ing components waiting for it already!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys new here, was wondering if anyone has figured out how to remove the sliding front panel on the Cosmos II? Just from looking at the case I think it can be done, but I thought I'd check here before tearing the thing apart. The reason I ask is that I bought another fan controller to install in one of the drive bays, problem is the control knobs on the fan controller won't allow me to slide the front panel up. So, at this point my only option is to leave the front panel down all the time which obviously blocks air flow to the front intake fan.

I wanted to see the hardware used with the sliding door when I reviewed it, but didn't have the time to do it. However it appears that you have to unbolt the handles top and bottom. Then the handle cross-members. the entire bezel around both sides of the case need to come off to get to the separate inside tracks that the door is sandwiched between during the factory assembly. The door itself is two pieces, however it appears that it it is press fit together like the doors and not meant to be taken apart. It is going to be a lot of work to do. so you want to make sure it's a look you can live with. you might want to get a touch control/button type fan controller instead.just a thought. 

Hey guys new here, was wondering if anyone has figured out how to remove the sliding front panel on the Cosmos II? Just from looking at the case I think it can be done, but I thought I'd check here before tearing the thing apart. The reason I ask is that I bought another fan controller to install in one of the drive bays, problem is the control knobs on the fan controller won't allow me to slide the front panel up. So, at this point my only option is to leave the front panel down all the time which obviously blocks air flow to the front intake fan.

I wanted to see the hardware used with the sliding door when I reviewed it, but didn't have the time to do it. However it appears that you have to unbolt the handles top and bottom. Then the handle cross-members. the entire bezel around both sides of the case need to come off to get to the separate inside tracks that the door is sandwiched between during the factory assembly. The door itself is two pieces, however it appears that it it is press fit together like the doors and not meant to be taken apart. It is going to be a lot of work to do. so you want to make sure it's a look you can live with. you might want to get a touch control/button type fan controller instead.just a thought.

No doubt. A touch pad fan controller would be a better solution than possibly tearing up a case that cost that much. If touch controllers are a little bit beyond what you want to spend on a fan controller, have you considered this;

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811992007

I've got one and it's pretty sweet. Nothing fancy, but very functional with plenty of power regardless what size fan(s) you want to connect to it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992007

I've got one and it's pretty sweet. Nothing fancy, but very functional with plenty of power regardless what size fan(s) you want to connect to it.

Second this. I'm staying away from Scythe fan controllers since my Kaze Q had a channel die a few weeks ago.