Looking for a new ride

Miek

There actually is a Chevy dealer here. GM, as in General Motors, encompasses Chevy, GMC, Buick, all those makes. I have been looking at the Impala and it's a solid contender.

I've been looking at used too, but I just feel more drawn to something newer for things like Bluetooth so I can use my phone hands-free and stream audio. There's also the warranty bit on new cars, too. Most used dealers here don't offer warranty unless it's a factory warranty from the previous owner.

Though a little beater would be fun indeed.

If you shop around you're bound to find a 2015 car with very low mileage and still has almost all the factory warranty on it. Sometimes people end their lease early and the car goes on the used lot. Keep an eye out and you might get a killer deal. Edited by Onion

There actually is a Chevy dealer here. GM, as in General Motors, encompasses Chevy, GMC, Buick, all those makes. I have been looking at the Impala and it's a solid contender.

I've been looking at used too, but I just feel more drawn to something newer for things like Bluetooth so I can use my phone hands-free and stream audio. There's also the warranty bit on new cars, too. Most used dealers here don't offer warranty unless it's a factory warranty from the previous owner.

After market cd players with good bluetooth are WAY cheaper than buying a new car so you can have it. Even having someone install one isn't so bad. 

After market cd players with good bluetooth are WAY cheaper than buying a new car so you can have it. Even having someone install one isn't so bad.

I was gonna recommend that but he wants a warranty, too. Honestly he can get a nice low mileage car made within the last 10 years, put a radio in, pay maintenance out of pocket, and still save money.

I was gonna recommend that but he wants a warranty, too. Honestly he can get a nice low mileage car made within the last 10 years, put a radio in, pay maintenance out of pocket, and still save money.

I'm not sure about Canada but in the states he would save a bundle on insurance too. 

I guess we aren't being very helpful, I am not really in the market for anything new so old cars is all I know. 

Edited by GabrielTessin

I'm not sure about Canada but in the states he would save a bundle on insurance too. 

I guess we aren't being very helpful, I am not really in the market for anything new so old cars is all I know. 

My mom and my brother each bought cars in 2014 so I'm still up to date on all the dealership stuff. I couldn't speak about the insurance, being under 25 everything is expensive for me. My 1973 Datsun 240Z costs me the same as my 2000 Mustang GT was in insurance. 

My mom and my brother each bought cars in 2014 so I'm still up to date on all the dealership stuff. I couldn't speak about the insurance, being under 25 everything is expensive for me. My 1973 Datsun 240Z costs me the same as my 2000 Mustang GT was in insurance. 

What I meant that if it was cheap enough where he din't have to make payments he could have liability insurance instead of full coverage. 

I would stay far from liability, personally. I sure am glad I had full coverage on my Mustang.

Liability is for beaters you don't care about.  Anything still worth money is better off with full coverage whether it's paid off or not imo.

I did recommend he spend the 30k on 30 $1000 cars  :rolleyes:

That is a recommendation I sand by it, just take out the bluetooth stereo and shove it in the next beater, preferably stick to a brand of reliable but unattractive cars that people don't want...

Holy crap, he could buy 30 low mileage Pontiac Aztecs  :sick: He would be set for transport for life, but at what cost?

Liability is for beaters you don't care about. Anything still worth money is better off with full coverage whether it's paid off or not imo.

Insurance company saw my car as a beater. :(

I would stay far from liability, personally. I sure am glad I had full coverage on my Mustang.

Liability is for beaters you don't care about.  Anything still worth money is better off with full coverage whether it's paid off or not imo.

I did recommend he spend the 30k on 30 $1000 cars   :rolleyes:

That is a recommendation I sand by it, just take out the bluetooth stereo and shove it in the next beater, preferably stick to a brand of reliable but unattractive cars that people don't want...

Holy crap, he could buy 30 low mileage Pontiac Aztecs   :sick: He would be set for transport for life, but at what cost? Hell you could get 15 excellent ones, I mean straight up cherry. 

Edited by GabrielTessin