Five New AMD Processors Tested

Nemo

Now amd has their fastest dual core with the athlon 555. A whole 100mhz faster!!!!

Yeah, for the same $99! Although the 550 can also run at the 555's speed, it is not on the C3 revision, and does not overclock as well!

You have to think that the old revisions will be disappearing as these hit the shelves. That said there is a lot of depth in the lower end so you can build on just about any price point!

Yup.

You have to think that the old revisions will be disappearing as these hit the shelves. That said there is a lot of depth in the lower end so you can build on just about any price point!

Yeah, including $400, $410, $415,47, $420... :P

Just joking though, these are nice chips if you're on a budget!

Edited by Zertz

Check out the video review of this CPU here instead its more detailed http://pcwizkidstechtalk.com/index.php/phe...555-review.html I overclocked and unlocked all 4 cores of the Phenom II 555

If you come back to check this, What do you think about the ha08 motherboard? You seem to have done extremely well with the OC. I know a while back i got to work on one that went crazy nuts. The auto volts was burning the CPU at 1.7v for a 720 overclocked 400mhz to 3.2ghz. He manually Oced using the "fsb" but had his ram dropped as well as HT/NB to 2000 while leaving his CPU volts on auto for the OC. He is a beginner but that still doesnt make him at fault as no motherboard should auto overvolt a cpu to 1.7v from 1.25v. This was a 400mhz overclock, he says it was 1.3 volts after he did it and had the cpuz to prove it. But sometime shortly after he had rboot issues that he never thought to look at the vcore over. it was a couple a months before he brought it in and we discovered the cpu was at 80c upon restarting, the motherboard shut down for overheating protection and when rebooted when you choose the bios, to prevent a restarting loop, there was the awesome cause. A cpu temp of 80c and vcore of 1.72v just sitting so pretty on the screen in the bios pc health readings. <---All on stock cooler--->

After he got that strait (maybe 30days?) the motherboard went nuts on the poor guy again. His CPU fan would drop to zero and the cpu would overheat again until the motherboard shut down from the sensor or it crashed when the motherboard failed at shutting it down (i guess the sensor shutdown was getting wore out). He had no idea why he was restarting and crashing. Finally he took it in again and it was it was just WOW!!! the fan would just stop when temps went to 40c. What luck this guy has having, I have never seen anyone with anything like this in my life. the auto fan control that is supposed to speed up as the cpu got hotter was screwed up and just went nuts and shut off the can completely. disabling the feature and the fan stays 100% and never ever stops while the cpu is on. I can say i have never seen such a screwed up Bios in my life. His poor 720 has been put through so much but these ph2s are strong chips that can take some serious abuse. By now they must have had some serious updates to the crappy bios. I know he couldnt have been the only one that ever happened to. This is 100% very true