the Fitness Thread

I goto the Gym 2-3 days a week, been doing it for about 7 or 8 months now. Very happy with myself so far, i haven't actually lost much weight, but definitely lost more than a few pounds of fat, just gained a goodly bit of muscle.

I've recently started to go for runs, but im lacking a good pair of running shoes, and running was hurting my feet and ankles, So i need to get a nice pair of running shoes before i go for a run again.

I decided i wasn't content on being just ok with my weight, i wanted to be happy with my weight. A big deciding factor was that while im only 24, my dad had a major heart attack and died at the age of 52. So it has me thinking a lot about getting heart healthy as well.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a plethora of other activities you can try. Swimming, rowing, calisthenics, racket sports and even something as plain as walking helps compared to doing nothing.

biking as well

Are you running in actual good quality running shoes? If so, are they designed for any issues you have like under/over pronation? I used to run in tennis shoes and it tore my knees and ankles to shreds. Finally bit the bullet and bought a nice pair of Asics, and it was night and day.

Handy guide.

I might try some good running shoes then. Running is still boring though.

There's a plethora of other activities you can try. Swimming, rowing, calisthenics, racket sports and even something as plain as walking helps compared to doing nothing.

Swimming would be fun but I don't really want to pay for the membership. same for some of the others.

Sleeping like crap all week and soreness from softball finally caught up to me. Squat day, only managed to hit 295x4, should have been able to get 5. Romanian deadlifts, step ups, abs, and 2000m on the rowing machine followed.

At least it is Frozen Pizza Friday.

Dude. That ain't me. It's some guy from Australia, but I was quite amazed about his feat, so I thought why not steal the credits :whistling:

Edit: It appears he's from Peru. My initial source was incorrect.

Edited by Ecofriendly

I try to do weights 3x a week and running/jogging/bike 3x a week.

I made sure to put Squats, Bench, Deadlift, Overhead press(I don't consider what I do to be a true military press since my feet aren't exactly next to each other) and some kind of Row(Pendlay right now). When summer is over I will go back to increasing all those lifts, for now I am trying to lose fat :D

I try to do weights 3x a week and running/jogging/bike 3x a week.

I made sure to put Squats, Bench, Deadlift, Overhead press(I don't consider what I do to be a true military press since my feet aren't exactly next to each other) and some kind of Row(Pendlay right now). When summer is over I will go back to increasing all those lifts, for now I am trying to lose fat :D

You can increase your lifts while dieting.