3930k overclocking

ir_cow

I guess you have a 3930K :dunno:

I have had mine on 6 X79 boards FYI.

Nope, a power hungry Q6600 under water. The motherboard's VRMs disintegrated in a very loud, very bright, burst of flames. :lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overclocking SandyBridge is pretty straightfoward. Set the turbo to 4.6, 4.8, 5Ghz and let the system take over. If it is not stable, raise the vcore slowly and a little PLL and stress test it. Watch your temps and keep them under 75 under load. JJ from Asus has a nice tutoral on asus boards.

All your boards self destruct. Not mine. LOL :yucky:

Perhaps I just push mine a lot harder. :lol:

With my overboard cooling setup I generally find the limits of everything pretty easily. If I was limited by heat I'd probably break a lot less stuff. :D

Perhaps I just push mine a lot harder. :lol:

With my overboard cooling setup I generally find the limits of everything pretty easily. If I was limited by heat I'd probably break a lot less stuff. :D

I don't think so, I run Dice on all most all my boards and push my AMD boards past 1.8V.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Overclocks up to 6.3GHz.. Only blew 1 board using LN2. That shat is volitile when it boils...

Edited by Drdeath

I don't think so, I run Dice on all most all my boards and push my AMD boards past 1.8V.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And do you run full 12 hour+ 100% load stability runs at that kind of voltage? :lol:

And do you run full 12 hour+ 100% load stability runs at that kind of voltage? :lol:

Should I answer. I would think you would not ask a silly question like that. Ya think I have a endless supply of dry ice?

Edited by Drdeath

Should I answer. I would think you would not ask a silly question like that. Ya think I have a endless supply of dry ice?

Then the question remains who pushes their boards harder? 12hours at 5GHz vs 12mins at 6GHz

LOL I run all my stuff at 5GHz daily. AMD and Intel. What is hte big deal? Ya act like 5GHz is the bomb and it aint anymore

Do you really have to start this argument? :lol: