[SOLD] XPS 730x Case~Semi-loaded~

IVIYTH0S

What's wrong with 90+ with IBT/Prime? :P

WHAT? I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY PROCESSOR MELTING?  :teehee:

I actually got it up to 4.6GHz for an overclocking competition, it only ran one bench at that speed but impressive for air cooling and during the bench it only hit 95c... It was a fun little experiment! I really ought to get a better cooler, I bet i could overclock it even higher... I wont be happy until my PSU explodes or my motherboard catches fire...

I only got mine to 4.2ghz but my cooler had it at like mid 80s for that, not bad though. I love my cooler, it's pretty damn quiet and that's more important to me than performance I'll likely never see effecting my enjoyment of my machine :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually got it up to 4.6GHz for an overclocking competition, it only ran one bench at that speed but impressive for air cooling and during the bench it only hit 95c... It was a fun little experiment! I really ought to get a better cooler, I bet i could overclock it even higher... I wont be happy until my PSU explodes or my motherboard catches fire...

I only got mine to 4.2ghz but my cooler had it at like mid 80s for that, not bad though. I love my cooler, it's pretty damn quiet and that's more important to me than performance I'll likely never see effecting my enjoyment of my machine :D

Ya i actually used the cooler you have on a friends computer, I was really impressed with it. It's every bit as good as the megahalems i have, and it cost less money. Only saving grace with the Megahalems is dual fans = awesome. Adding the 2nd fan way back when, actually made a big difference in temps for me, all with no noticeable increase in noise.

Ya i actually used the cooler you have on a friends computer, I was really impressed with it. It's every bit as good as the megahalems i have, and it cost less money. Only saving grace with the Megahalems is dual fans = awesome. Adding the 2nd fan way back when, actually made a big difference in temps for me, all with no noticeable increase in noise.

Yeah, I almost got a Megahalems in a dual config. It seemed the logical next step from a push/pull T.R.U.E. that I had on my Q9450 (that was pretty damn quiet with my fan controller, even though it had two ultra kazes)

But yeah, I'm super happy with my Zalman even though I've always had an itch to see what's the fuss about the D14 from Noctua

Yeah, I almost got a Megahalems in a dual config. It seemed the logical next step from a push/pull T.R.U.E. that I had on my Q9450 (that was pretty damn quiet with my fan controller, even though it had two ultra kazes)

But yeah, I'm super happy with my Zalman even though I've always had an itch to see what's the fuss about the D14 from Noctua

I've wanted to upgrade to the Phanteks giant mega cooler that in reviews was better than the D14. Plus it comes in my favorite color orange... Lol. But as good as it is, I can't justify the upgrade of my Megahalems. I think the only thing i could buy that would actually be worth it would be the H110, I have 2x140mm top fans so it'd be prefect in my case and the numbers are really impressive.

In the end though, meh. I'd rather not put any more into my current computer, It's almost 5 years old now. Runs like a champ still but i think its getting close to time to do an entire new build.

Also... Free bumps because i like you.  :thumbsup:

I've wanted to upgrade to the Phanteks giant mega cooler that in reviews was better than the D14. Plus it comes in my favorite color orange... Lol. But as good as it is, I can't justify the upgrade of my Megahalems. I think the only thing i could buy that would actually be worth it would be the H110, I have 2x140mm top fans so it'd be prefect in my case and the numbers are really impressive.

In the end though, meh. I'd rather not put any more into my current computer, It's almost 5 years old now. Runs like a champ still but i think its getting close to time to do an entire new build.

Also... Free bumps because i like you.  :thumbsup:

I forgot about the Phanteks, but yeah, if I have to switch out my cooler for the next platform (due to mounting bracket incompatibility) than I'll likely get a 212+ and call it a day. I don't need a world record overclock, especially since CPUs are barely taxed. I may even go AMD for the first time just for a change of flavor :thumbsup:

Thanks for the bump!