Rosewill RHTS-8206 5.1 Channel Headset

paradoxdream

My question is can I add an 10ft extension cable with out loosing audio quality and If I were to do this this  what way would be best?

Option 1. Use my  Rosewill RHB-320R 7 Ports USB 2.0 Hub with Power Adapter but this also will be powering my Razer Naga 2012 and my Belkin/Razer N52TE Nostromo 

http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182175

Option 2. Use a plain USB 2.0 extender

Option 3. Use an USB 2.0 Repeater

And if some one could tell me what the difference between an repeater and a powered hub is would be much appreciated.

I am looking to order them today to have by Friday so i can get GW2 

USB Repeaters act like a transparent hub by buffering up the signal Up and Down, but as good as it sounds they aren't neccessarily recommended.  I believe a USB signal is good up to 5m.   It is better to have 1 port hub than it is to have a repeater.  There is a better more involved solution but I wouldn't worry about that unless you are trying to cover far more distance ...like 20m or so.

Distance always degrades a signal.  That is why USB is rated only up to 5m (16ft).   Since you are dealing with 10ft I would imagine it would be fine and just go with a USB Extender.  If you are really worried about audio quality, a 1 port hub would be better than a 7 port hub.  Though if you already have a 7 port hub, I would try that first before buying anything else.  Sounds like you do not though.

I personally would just go with an extender - simplier, cheaper and should work just as good.  Add in the hub later if you really need it.  Just try to make sure your total cable length doesn't go beyond 5m/16ft.

Actually the more that I think of it, I think the signal will straight up cut out if you go past 5m ...might be worth double checking if you have a need to go past 5m.   If not than ya make sure whatever solution you go with that you are below the 5m (16ft) requirement.